Mara seaweed harvesters on the inner Vows ....

2nd October 2016 (Sunday) .... 11.00     we have  a beautiful morning at the ‘Centre of the Universe’,  ... a perfect morning for being ‘out and about’;  
Sunrise over Elie
gardening even!    I haven’t done any gardening yet, but I have been down on the beach to watch the sunrise, and up to Chapel Green, on the bike, to have morning coffee.... and lounge in the warm sun.    It wasn’t cold at sunrise this morning .... the air didn’t nip the lugs.
The canoeists were going out again this morning:  not pleasure canoeists, but  a working party of seaweed harvesters from ‘Mara Seaweed’, Edinburgh.     Imagine our seaweed (sustainable) being used in the ‘posh’ restaurants of the UK.   I like that thought.    Anyway when I was at the Chapel I saw the harvesters working on the Inner Vows:    naturally I had to ‘record’ this activity for posterity.... I
'Mara' seaweed harvesters
took a few photographs.

Jimmy has just been ‘in’ for his morning cuppa, and is now on his way down to the Sailing Club.... there should be some action down at the harbour on a braw day like this.

20. 30    The villages have been busy today...  with folk making the most of the fine weather, .... enjoying a ‘perfect’ day in our little haven of tranquility:     which is more or less what I have been doing too.      Having said that;  I did do some gardening... which act resulted in the ‘broon’ bucket being near enough full.    Funnily enough, I got a lot of satisfaction from the gardening:   I might even do some more tomorrow.    We are supposed to have another braw day tomorrow ... ‘sunny and warm’.    I’m enjoying this spell of ‘Indian Summer’ type weather .... the only thing spoiling it? ....  daylight hours
Early sunlight on Earlsferry
are shorter at this time of year. 

For a change I went up to Chapel Green to watch the sunset over Largo Bay tonight;    it, the sunset, wasn’t spectacular, but bonnie enough just the same.    I prefer sunsets with some clouds around;  they’re usually livelier.    The Auchnagatt ‘troops’ awoke to their first frost of autumn this morning;  I think I’ll turn the heating up.... the sky is clear so it might be cold in the Royal Burrow!


Photographs : Top – sunrise, Middle – early sunlight on The Ferry, and Bottom – the Mara seaweed harvesters on the ‘Inner Vows’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....