Jimmy's Family birthday celebration .... .....

23rd October 2016 (Sunday) .... 10.30    There’s a ‘chill’ in the air this
Four minutes past eight o'clock this morning.
morning, but it is a lovely day for being out and about.    I went down to the beach to see watch sunrise, and have a quiet stroll along the water’s edge, before breakfast.    There were a couple of folk out with their dogs, and a lone jogger hit the beach ‘at speed’ as I was coming off it.   The weather forecast is a bit on the ‘iffy side of good’;   we could get showers later.


21.30    As ‘predicted’ by the weather forecasters, the weather has been showery on and off most of today.... and it’s also cool.    But the weather didn’t matter to Jimmy and me:   Jimmy’s Family had organised a ‘Birthday Party’ at Audrey’s and John’s house in Kinneuchar;   Audrey and John being Jimmy’s daughter, and son in law.    June, Ronnie, Ian, Gill and Shirley, (and the dogs) completed the Family.    Tom, Gill’s ‘Dad’, and I were there to
Family group.
torment Jimmy.   It was a nice, 90th birthday, ‘Family’ “get thegither”, enjoyed by all .... including the dogs.     The girls had set out a beautiful spread, and “Puku”, bless his skinniness, was well happy by the time we left. 

For some reason I feel ‘gloomy’ tonight:  this to me, is a strange , unnatural feeling.    Having read the ‘rools’ that came with the pills I’ve been taking (I took the last one this evening) one of the possible side effects is ‘depression’.    That said, the pills have done their job, re getting rid of the infection;   now all I need to do is shake orf the ‘gloom’ thing.   Tomorrow I have an appointment with the doctor to sort out the next move(s).

Depending on the weather I might go up to Balcarres to get some autumn pictures this
Jimmy with "Shuggie".
week:   that might help to shake off the ‘gloom’.... Balcarres usually does.    I also need to get my hair cut sometime this week , however that’s not a vital mission ....  I could even put it off for another week.   In fact I think I just have!

I have decided that we need sunshine tomorrow... tomorrow weather is forecast to be ‘bright and sunny, with the odd cloud.    Unfortunately the wind, though light, will be from the Northeast, and therefore cool.  


Photographs : Top – 08.04 this morning, (a minute after sunrise), Middle – Gill, Ian, Jimmy, Tom, John, June and Audrey ... oh and the “Shuggie” the Jack Russell.... and Bottom – Jimmy and Shuggie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....