2c this morning ... cool

3rd October 2016 (Monday) .... 09.00     First thing .... it was cauld doon on the beach this morning;   in fact it was so cold that I was convinced that there was
Twenty minutes before sunrise - Elie Bay.
snow on Soutra Hill (on the south side of the Firth)... then I realised it was more likely to be a bank of fog.    However the sky this morning, before the sunrise, made being down there well worth it.    It was gorgeous.    By the time the sun began to creep up over the horizon,  the sky had lost its vivid colours, but it was still ‘magic’ in a more subtle way.    Everything is ‘gorgeous’ this morning:    it’s a great morning for being ‘out’ .... I might do some ‘work’ today.


20.30    This has been a surprising day ... and a busy one;   but not ’busy’ doing things I was supposed to be doing.    It all began after breakfast, when I took a quick look at the calendar, saw that the third was ‘free’;   this left me ... well, free to do anything.    I decided that I’d take the ‘95’ bus to Leven, .... with the bus route through Kilconquhar being ‘closed’, it  means that the ‘95’ has to take the Muircambus road.   This would be an enjoyable ‘mission’, to get photos of this road from the top deck of the bus.   But that’s not how it was;   oh no .... the ‘Closed’ road in Kilconquhar wasn’t ‘closed’ so the ‘95’ bus route  was operating as normal.    I enjoyed a cuppa in Stuarts (Leven) and caught the X60 back to Elie.... arriving back at Ivy, via the beach ‘cos the tide was
Sunrise
out, at 12.30.    At Ivy I found a message on the answer machine, from Pat, wondering where I had been:  I’d missed an ‘Outreach’ meeting.   Oh before I forget ... Ivy Cottage is now operating from the October calendar!    Apologies to Pat ... and all the other good folks on Outreach Committee, who, somehow, manage to operate without me.    

After lunch, just as I was settling down to contemplate my afternoon;   Jimmy phoned to ask if I remembered that we had to go for our “flu jab” at the surgery this afternoon.    I hadn’t ... remembered i.e.    I promptly changed ‘the plan’ to incorporate ‘flu jab’ into the afternoon.    Spent most of the early part of the afternoon washing “Sooper Buggy”, then sat chatting to Jimmy, and ‘Blob’,  in the Hutte;   Jimmy had gone  for his ‘flu jab at 14.00, and was in need of a cuppa to recover.... ‘Blob’ was just moochin’.      I went along to the surgery at 15.30 and got ‘jabbed’ by Dr Kyle... then managed to get myself into a knot trying to put my jersey on, but eventually did, get the jersey ‘on’... after all this stress I was badly in need of
Twenty minutes before sunrise ... looking West
one of the chocolates that were on offer.

Since then I have cleaned “Sooper Buggy’s” windows, and got the polish out;   if it isn’t too cold I might polish a bit of ‘her’ tomorrow.   It’s ‘normal’ for me to polish the bonnet .... that’s the bit I see when I’m sitting in ‘her’.

This has been a happy, and enjoyable, day.... in spite of the ‘blunders.   I’m not happy about missing the ‘Outreach meeting ... Pat makes good coffee.... but the other bits of my day have been ‘fun’.

Finally .... Myra ... oops Jim and Myra are back from their holiday!    I know this because Jim was spotted, from a ‘95’ bus, driving into Elie, and later driving past Ivy Cottage.    Both, Myra and Jim were also seen, by my Top Secret roving reporter,  in the vicinity of the ‘flu jab Surgery this afternoon.


Photographs : Top – twenty minutes before sunrise, Middle – sunrise ... notice the change in the colour of the sky;  this happens in minutes, and Bottom – looking West twenty minutes before sunrise.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....