Heavy showers early morning .....

The reddish spot to the left of the Granary is the sun rising.
22nd October 2016 (Saturday) .... 09.30     The, “frequent heavy shower’s” that we have just now are forecast to peter out about midday .... to be followed by ‘bright and sunny’.     I managed to get caught in a ‘frequent heavy shower’ when down on the beach, .... but I got back to Ivy before it reached ‘heavy’.

Sunrise  was at 08.00 this morning, the only indication at that time was a small red spot,  by the Lady’s Tower;   not exactly stunning, but promising better for later.     I’ll go out for a walk after breakfast... if the showers are less frequent;   there’s an interesting sky that needs 'recording'. 

21.00     The villages continue to be ‘busy’ with holiday makers;  schools having different dates for the mid- term holiday, means an extended holiday season for Elie and Earlsferry, .... and other places too.     The weather has been a ‘mixed lot’ today; 
Entrance to a 'Secret Garden'.
it brightened up after midday, and, although the showers abated, the clouds continued to bumble over.

The wet morning was filled in very easily;   Jimmy needed to go to Leven to pick up a parcel.... by the time we got back to Elie the sun was breaking through.
As we were passing through Drumeldrie, on the way to Leven, I happened to notice that, the nearby, Newburn village was looking very autumnal.    Back home in Ivy, I had a quick cuppa, then jumped into “Sooper Buggy” and went to Drumeldrie to have a ‘closer look’.... and liked what I saw.   I intended going up to Balcarres after Drumeldrie, but the sun disappeared behind one of the big clouds that were still coming over at regular intervals:  I went back to Ivy.

Most of the afternoon time I spent doing ‘ousework thing.    When I stopped for a cuppa, Jimmy mysteriously managed to appear, .... at the same time as the kettle started to boil.     When Jimmy went orf home, I scampered(?) down to the beach.
Newburn
   Scampered ? ....Mmmmm ... a Hare walking would be a more accurate.   Hare’s don’t ‘walk’ much, and when they do they look .. wellll .. not ‘Hare like’.

Tomorrow is the last day of my pills... and they seem to have done the job.    It will then take me a week or so to get back to being ‘me’ though there is much to be ‘sorted’ yet.

With the wind bringing ‘stuff’ in from the North Sea, the weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘mostly overcast and grey’.    There might be a few brighter spells later.

Photographs : Top – sunrise this morning (the wee dot’ to the left of the granary is the sun peeking through a less dense patch of cloud, Middle – gateway to a Secret Garden, and Bottom – Newburn village.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....