Route '95' bus trip .....

5th October 2016 (Wednesday) .... Mmmmm ... it’s overcast at present, but the sun should burn the cloud off by midday, giving us a ‘bright and sunny’ afternoon.     I went down to the beach, even though the chance of seeing the sunrise this morning was small.... and that is, literally, how it was.   Ten minutes, or so, after
Sooper Buggy' 'moored up' in Elie - awaiting my return
actual sunrise (07.25), the sun peeped, for a few seconds, through a small hole in the clouds;  and that was ‘sunrise’ at Elie today.     Not exciting... but with that wee glimpse came the promise of a bonnie afternoon! 

I’m having a cuppa before taking Jimmy along to Kirkcaldy.... Jimmy’s coming along to Ivy at 09.00 (ish).

21.30     The trip to Kirkcaldy went flawlessly... well not quite.... instead of the appointment being a few minutes (which I thought it would be)... with Jimmy getting an X-ray, this appointment took about an hour in total;   including a visit to the WRVS Cafe.    While Jimmy was away having the X-ray a lady sat down next to me, and we ended up chatting, to pass the time.    This lady (I should have asked her name) does a lot of charity work at St Brycedale’s (Kirkcaldy) food bank, and she was saying that the numbers using the ‘bank’ are in fact increasing.... she was not happy with folks circumstances being reduced so much, that they have to use food b
The A917 diversion road
anks.   This does not say much for our politicians.
Jimmy and I were back in ‘The Royal Burgh’ by 12.15.    Jimmy went off home to have a rest, I decided that, after a quick cuppa, I’d do the ‘95’ bus thing ;  I’d noticed that the road  through Kilconquhar is definitely ‘Closed’ today.    The ‘next’ ‘95’bus was at 12.54, so, after a really quick cuppa I went up to Elie and caught the 12.54.    Why did I want to do this? .... ‘cos I’d never done this road on a double decker....and, although I would only be nine feet or so higher, it would be a change of viewpoint.    Not that the Muircambus road is exciting .... but I ‘had’ to do it.    So I did.  
The journey to Leven was uneventful, the journey back to Elie (on the same bus... in fact I sat in the same seat) was different.    The driver must have forgotten that Kilconquhar was ‘Closed’, and went the normal route, i.e. through Colinsburgh ....  until he got to the Kilconquhar junction at Robin Gray’s;   to be suddenly ‘reminded’ that the Kilconquhar road was ‘Closed’.    He tried doing tricky bit of manoeuvring, into a farm gate, which didn’t work, so ended up reversing back onto the main road, the B942, (we had been 100 metres up the Kilconquhar road (B941), and pointed the bus back to Colinsburgh.   The bus had not liked the reversing thing, so it suddenly stopped, about 50 metres west of Robin Gray’s cottage.     After waggling something
Bridge over the A917 at Kilcoquhar Station
about the driver eventually got everything back in place, and we set of back to the diverted route... and home to Elie.    I was back in Ivy at 14.30 .... mission accomplished.   
The remainder of the afternoon was spent, either on the computer, or resting in the Hutte, with my Soduko book.    Jimmy appeared about 16.00 so we had a cuppa.  
I’m tired tonight, and will be in bed with, my book, by 21.30.    Nae ‘plan’s for tomorrow... apart from the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon.   I may go along to Sainsbury’s for a bit of shopping first thing in the morning.... I’ll see how the mood takes me.

Photographs : Top – Elie, with ‘Sooper Buggy’ “moored up” awaiting my return, Middle – the Elie road (A917) and, Bottom – the bridge over the Cocklemill burn at Kinneuchar Station.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....