Peace and tranquility ....

25th October 2016 (Tuesday) ...10.30    You will all know that, regardless of what weather we have, I love our corner of Mother Earth:   Well today, in ‘our
Lady's Tower, Elie.
corner of Mother Earth’,
we have a beautiful “bright and sunny” morning, so the ‘Auld Place’ is looking wholly blissful.   I went out to the Lady’s Tower,  and the Lighthouse (I had been at the Surgery so that “Laurie” the Nurse could extract some blood), for a wee change of scenery.    No matter which direction I looked  I saw ‘peace and tranquility’, something sadly lacking in too many parts of our lovely Planet.    I felt blessed, and at peace ...  even with myself!

22.30      I don’t know what it is with me and pills;   all I do know is that I am ‘hyper’.   Some folk say that pills make them sleepy.... not this ‘boy’, I am in the mood to do a spot of housework.    The last time I felt like this, I ended up dusting the bookshelves;  and they are attracting me again.   Bookshelves it will be.... but not tonight.    If I’m going to be awake I’d rather finish the book I’m reading!

Elie Lighthouse
Today has been one of those idyllic late autumn days, of which we do get our share, .... but more of them wouldn’t go amiss.  It was a perfect day for being ‘on holiday’;   and, judging by the footprints on the beach, a lot of folk had been out taking advantage of the benign weather.    The again it might only have been two very active people who managed to ‘cover’ the whole beach!    By the time I was down there, later in the afternoon, there were still a few people ambling along the beach, enjoying the last of the sun;  the tide was out, the water was flopping onto the sand .... a perfect ambling day.

Jimmy and Jim have just left after our, weekly, evening  of talking about .... ‘things local’ mostly.    Jimmy is fair chuffed as he got a surprise Birthday card from Linda and John;   today he has enjoyed growing ‘older’.    Tomorrow it will be back to ‘auld
Evening time.
claes and parridge’ .... and walking!   

We have the Colinsburgh light lunch to look forward to tomorrow .... a nice quiet ‘food with friends’ occasion.   The weather is forecast to be windier, but still mostly bright and sunny.... with the wind coming from the Southwest.   Apart from the ‘Lite Lunch’ I don’t have a ‘plan’;  but I’m sure the beach will be part of my day.


Photographs : Top – Autumnal looking  East Links at Elie, Middle – Elie Lighthouse, and, Bottom – the beach at ‘evening time’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....