"Red sky in the morning" etc .......

4th October 2016 (Tuesday) ... 09.00    We have another bonnie morning... ushered in with a bonnie sunrise.     Where I live never ceases to amaze me
Elie - half an hour before sunrise this morning.
... and I’ve lived in The Royal Burgh since 1960.    It isn’t as cold this morning, but there are more clouds, and there’s dampness in the air.    It was lovely down on the beach;  at first was on my own then, someone came from the school Wynd area, with their dogs, so there was ‘us’, the dogs and the birds.   The beach is a nice place to start my day;   but I need ‘50’ in the Hutte after lunch.... and I sleep well at night.

There’s definitely nothing on the calendar this morning .... I’m going to polish ‘Sooper Buggy’... after I take ‘her’ for a run to dry orf the dew.

22.00     We have a tired, and much satisfied ‘boy’ crawling orf to bed soon;  today, has been a ‘working’ day.    I polished the car,... that took a wee while, .... after that I did the kitchen/bathroom and front lobby, then some general  housework;   squirted furniture polish around, and just enjoyed myself.    I’d intended baking but that had to be put off ... replaced by reading the gas and electricity meters, and texting the
The moment the sun peeked over the horizon
readings.    The meter reader came when I was out yesterday.    In between doing all this I fitted in a short ‘siesta’.

The ‘troops’ Jim and Jimmy came to Ivy tonight;  we sorted out the world – again.    We’re going through the political Annual Conference season, when politicians of all parties make promises to everyone,.... it appears that immigration is the main thing to sort out, according to “Amber” Rudd, because that is what lead to ‘Brexit’.    It will be interesting to see what they, the politicians,  come up with that’s ‘politically correct’.

The cold East wind season seems to have arrived ... bringing with it all the nasty stuff from the continent.    There was a cold southeaster blowing up Ferry Road when I was
Sunset sky over Earlsferry tonight.
polishing the car;  dry my delicate skin.   The bike never left it’s ‘moorings’ today... but I need to get eye protection from the wind if I’m going biking in the colder weather.    I’ll poodle along to Halfords (Kirkcaldy) sometime and see what’s available.   The ‘Fife Weather’ site is forecasting winds from an easterly direction for the next ten days.... at least.  

Tomorrow I’m driving Jimmy to the ‘Vic’ for his 12 month hip check up;  we have an early start so I’d better not get too excited if I’m down on the beach in the morning.   The weather forecast is for cloudier conditions so the sunrise might be obscured.
Photographs : Top – half an hour before sunrise this morning, Middle – the sun peeking through the horizon clouds, and Bottom – Sunset sky over The Royal Burgh tonight.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....