John and Linda..... ....

9th October 2106 (Sunday)  .... 09.00    Important information:  76 days (all of them shopping ones) until Christmas!
We have a lovely, autumnal, morning here;   definitely  a doing stuff morning.   I had
Elie Bay at sunrise time.
the beach to myself, most of the time, this morning;   a dog walker, appeared from the Breakwater as I was getting ready to leave the beach.    The sunrise was bonnie, not spectacular:   but I prefer the half hour before sunrise atmosphere.... a sort of mystical time.

Jimmy and I will be sorting out his freezer ... luckily it hadn’t been stocked up last week so this, though bad, isn’t totally catastrophic. 

    21.00    When I got ‘up’, at 05.45, I thought this would be a ‘lazy’ day;   but I am totally ‘bushed’, and I haven’t really done very much.    It must be the weather!
John and Linda on the 'Royal' beach.
Jimmy’s freezer is back in action, full of food and succulents:   that ‘mission’ took up most of the morning.   When I think about it no wonder I’m tired;   I was ‘up’ early, walked along the beach, biked to Jimmy’s and back, then went out for another walk in the afternoon.... I’ve had  a reasonable amount of exercise today.   Anyway where was I?    Oh... Jimmy’s freezer!     The old stuff has been thrown out, and new stuff bought... but:  we forgot to get ice-cream.    He has the cones, but no ice – cream to fill them with  .... this is a catastrophe;  almost on the level of the freezer being switched off!
In the afternoon I went out for a walk;   when I got out onto the pavement I didn’t know which way I wanted to go... up, to the golf course and Pony Field, or down, to the beach:   this is a problem when there are two ways to go;  I have to make a decision!    I chose the beach.    This turned out to be my lucky day, and the right choice, because I
Hungry Heron.
met John and Linda down there;   they had walked over from Shell Bay to have lunch in the Pavilion.   The three of us wandered along the beach, wading through piles of seaweed to have a look at the ‘Pilgrim s Pier’... then up to Maggie’s Seat, to discuss the merits of being ‘me’.   That didn’t take long.    Cameron, and his next door neighbours from New Zealand were out walking and we ended up chatting.    Everybody went their separate ways,  with me ending up in Ivy well ready for food.
I don’t know what ‘Plan’ I’ll come up with for tomorrow;   I may do some gardening now that the ‘broon’ bucket is ‘stood staunin’ there ... empty!     The weather forecast is ‘good’ for gardeners ... that’s ‘me’.
Photographs : Top – sunrise time, Middle –John and Linda,  and Bottom – Heron.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....