Not a bonnie sunrise .....

28th October 2016 (Friday) .... 09.00     ‘The Boy’ has a washing going through the machine;   because we have a ‘drying day ahead’.    There’s a nice South
Sunrise this morning!
Westerly breeze, (it’s slightly cooler than yesterday), and we are going have ‘bright and sunny’ by midday:  and, I’m feeling ‘perky’ this morning.

I’ve had my early morning walk, now I suppose I should do some ‘work’.   The garden looks dry;  if it is dry, I’m going to potter about out there;  there’s always ‘stuff’ needing pruned etc.    The roses are still flowering ..... which is braw, but I think I should really prune them back for the ‘winter’.

21.30    The gardening I set out to do, ended up with me picking the apples and making an Eve’s Pudding with them.    This is the first time the tree has produced enough fruit to do anything with;   the fact that it produced 24 apples this year has saved it from an early demise,....  and being ‘turned’ into walking sticks.   There are three ‘branches’,  and they would make bonnie walking sticks.    The apples look really nice and edible, but they are not sweet apples.... hence the Eve’s Pudding.     That reminds me, I must
Nice early morning sky over the Golf House Club.
remember to freeze what’s left of the Eve’s pudding.

I’ve had a ‘drab’ sort of day, .... I was feeling like the weather looked.    It has been mostly grey .... and cold today, so, instead of being out in the cold,  I did a lot of inside stuff;   Eve’s Pudding being one of the ‘warm’ inside jobs, and an ironing, that’s been needing done for a couple of days, was the other.    At sunset time I went for a walk up to the Pony Field, and over the golf course.    Wrapped up, as I was, I still felt cold;  however I enjoyed being out in the ‘very fresh’ air. 

We can look forward to a slightly warmer, grey day tomorrow .... well, mostly grey, we
The 'Royal Burgh' after sunset .... yes it was cold!
may get a few bright spells in the East of Fife.    I don’t have any plans ... tomorrow is ‘Day 5’ (of 7) and the pills dictate how I feel ... but I’m going out for a walk at some point in the day.   

I need to find a book to read in bed .... I finished a ‘Wilbur Smith’ one the other night.   I fancy reading ‘Treasure Island’ for some reason, but I can’t find it, though I know it’s somewhere.


Photographs : Sunrise this morning ... (what a difference a day makes),  Middle –  the eighteenth fairway at sunrise time, and Bottom –“The Royal Burgh” from the third tee. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....