Nice cool morning ....

31st October 2016 (Monday) .... 09.00  This clock change is a nuisance .... I was creepin’ aboot at quarter to six, thinking it was quarter to seven;   I suppose it
Elie Bay.
means I’ll have a longer day to do things... and up in loads of time to go down to the beach for sunrise .... at 07.18!  

There’s a noticeably cool breeze  down on the beach this morning;   however, when I left Ivy I thought the air was warm.... I didn’t even think there was a breeze at all!   There was a bonnie, pre – sunrise, ‘light’ about;  the sunrise event itself was obscured by a cloud bank, with the sun not making an appearance until tem minutes after sunrise time.     It looks like being a bonnie ‘day’ though rain is supposed to move in by evening time.   

Elie after sunrise time.
21.00    It did!      The rain arrived at 18.00;    it will clear away overnight and we will awaken to a lovely, cool autumn morning.     It had best not be too cold .... I’m going for a haircut.

With the weather forecast showing rain later in the afternoon, I went out for another walk in the morning:   only up, and around the Chapel Green area, where there is a wide variety of local views to be had....  Kincraig Cliffs, the main beach and harbour, and out to the Elie Lighthouse. .... and, there’s an abundance of seats,  from which you can enjoy the various views.   Jimmy turned up when I was pottering around the Chapel itself, on his way round to “Alice’s Seat”... so I joined him.    We watched a teenager making heavy work of going round the Chapel Green on a bike;  it was stuck in the highest gear.    The effort would strengthen his legs!      When he, the teenager, had gone off on his merry way, our immediate vicinity became ‘boringly normal’;    so .... we went down to Ivy for a cuppa!

Feeling ‘housewifely’ this afternoon I looked at a wee pile of ironing that  needed
The sixth fairway on Earlsferry Links
doing;   just at that Jimmy arrived.       I’ll do the ironing tomorrow... after I’ve had a haircut.    That said the weather forecast is ‘good’ for tomorrow;   “bright and sunny” but colder.... so the ironing might not get done.


Photographs : Top – Elie Bay before sunrise,  Middle – Elie after the sun got above the clouds, and Bottom – golfers on the sixth fairway.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....