Oh my word .... it's dreich

14th October 2016 (Friday) .... 09.30    We have a beautiful multi toned grey, overcast sky, with occasional spells of rain .... of course, if you don’t like grey,
Grey morning
and rain then it’s a ‘dreich day’!     Dreich it is.   It will brighten up later, according to the forecasters, so I’ll get out for a walk fairly soon by the look of the sky;  it’s not raining at this moment but there has been a lot of rain overnight.   I’ll have a cuppa while conjuring up the ‘plan’ for today.



16.30     The weather has been a ‘mixed bag’, so far, today .... right now we’re having a ‘bright spell’;   I managed to get out for a walk, in between heavy showers, and managed to get back to Ivy just as it began to rain again.    That was before the ‘bright spells’ started.     Since midday we’ve had some pleasant spells of sunshine.    Having said that, the sky has suddenly darkened;  just when I was getting used to the ‘bright spell’. 

   23.00    The Largoward Kirk Quiz, in the Largoward Hall was a really pleasant evening out.   Our team didn’t win;  we came in about the middle, but it was a bit of fun:   the auld brain is slower than it was though.    Then again I didn’t do any revision for this Quiz .... some of that might have helped.    It was good to speak to Tam Pryde,
7th green
and Robert Anderson, who I haven’t seen for years... as in ‘donkey’s years’.    Robert and I were at the Waid together.... Tam is a wee bit older than me;   we each other from our young days at Colinsburgh, and Largoward dancing, and indoor bowls.    Yes I really enjoyed myself tonight.


It was raining when we left Largoward, and raining really heavy on the way down, but, (lucky for me as I had to moor the car up down at St Margaret’s), the rain had stopped before I got down to Earlsferry.   I shall hibernate for the remainder of the weekend.  
 The weather forecast for tomorrow is not bonnie;   wind and heavy rain from the East, so it looks like being a computer morning.    I might even do some dusting and polishing;   I like the smell of fresh polish.    I remember Markinch Church had a really
Work goes on apace at the Elie Deli
nice ‘polish’ smell about it:  that was the only church, out of the many that we recorded, that you could smell the polish aroma;   it was lovely.    The smell itself suggested .... ‘clean’!

Photographs : Top – Elie Bay this morning, Middle – Kincraig cliffs, and Bottom – work goes on apace to resurrect the “Elie Deli”. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....