Winter Solstice ....

22nd December 2023 (Friday)    08.00.... The first day of winter (also Mid Winter's Day but we


won't bother aboot that):  the days begin to lengthen and Spring is just round the corner; snowdrops are already through and will be flowering soon.   It's a nice morning and the air is warm, but there's a brisk breeze taking a couple of degrees off the temperature..... that said, we will have some sunny spells once the sun rises (08.43).   

14.15   After breakfast I did the 'paper run' (in the car), and had a short visit to the harbour before going to Leven (Sainsbury's) to do some last minute shopping.   A load of other folk had the same 'plan' this morning;  Sainsbury's was busy.... with a lot of big trolleys full to the eyeballs queueing at the tills.    However I was only after a few odds and ends and did the 'Self Check out'.   By this time I was in much need of a cuppa and knew just the very place to go..... Alice's HQ!   I spent an enjoyable hour with Alice, scoffing carrot cake and a fruit cake that she baked.    I'm on a diet .... again!    At this time the sun was shining and it was warm.  


Unlike me, Alice is well organised for her Christmas visitors .... and that reminded me that Iain is coming down this afternoon, so I left 'AHQ' and made my way back to Ivy.  Since then the sky has clouded over and the air has cooled.... and I have had along catnap.   I am going to have a cuppa then start thinking about organising what I need to take with me for my Christmas break.




20.00    Iain arrived about about 15.45;  since then we have had cuppas, food and I brought Iain up to date with the local 'news'.   My case is in the process of being packed so that we can leave fairly early tomorrow.   I'll unplug the laptop after this update:  the next update will be from Auchnagatt.   The

weather forecast for the Auchnagatt area has snow mentioned for Sunday;  but its going to turn milder again so we're unlikely to have  a white Christmas.   Must 'go'' ....'slight flap on'.... got packing to do;   after we have another cuppa.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....