FFFFFFFfffffffffffrosty....

1st December 2023 (Friday)   09.00.... after some overnight sleet the pavements, and roads, are


treacherous this morning.... it is lovely morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning but awfie cauld.  I am unlikely to go further than the front gate, though the temperature should go up to 1C according to the weather forecast.   I am so glad that I chose to do my shopping yesterday as I'm unlikely to go out in the car today.... and tomorrow is going to just as cold;  maybe even colder.    It's a drawing/work in the kitchen day.



19.00    For the past couple of days 'M' (New Zealand) hasn't been 'on' Skype;  I was wondering if she had gone to stay with her daughter, Shirley.  It so happens that 'M'  and Shirley were together out shopping, and 'M' (Margaret) had collapsed on an escalator and was rushed into Wellington Hospital where she  spent two nights, being cared for and having tests done.   'M' is back home, with a plaster on her head and, apart from feeling 'a wee bit woozy'..... is looking fine; with no intention of travelling, on an escalator ever again.  'M' and Shirley both live in Otaki (North Island), which means that Shirley can pop in whenever she can.   


What have I done today?   I set about organising my next drawing project;  the back of 'Ferry Corner' from Ivy Cottage garden as it would have looked when Jimmy and Sydney were living in 'The Ferry', the 1930's... before the three houses at Ferry Corner had to be demolished in 1947.








22.15  Tomorrow is going to be another bonnie but cold day; and we might not get any overnight sleet/snow showers; that will make the car windscreen easier to clear. That said;  scraping the wind screen wasn't hard on me today; Chris scraped it for me.. I poured the lukewarm water over it (the windscreen). I had a cuppa before having a run to the harbour. It was a good afternoon to be out with the camera.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....