Cold and damp....

3rd December 2023 (Sunday)    08.30 .....we have a gloomy looking start to the morning;  the


sky is overcast and the air cold (0C) with a 'damp' feel to it; the weather forecast is 'sleet showers with a gentle breeze' so I won't be going far from the gate.   'Blob' has been fed, the kettle is 'on' (again) and I'm ready for my breakfast.   It's 'stay in and stay warm' day for this 'boy'.    I might go for a turn round the villages, in the car, in the afternoon, but it will be an 'ousework and drawing day mostly.

15.45    I've been a busy boy today.... too busy to have my afternoon catnap!   I began by having a short walk up to the golf course after breakfast;  then I decided to get the feather duster oot and flick the spiders around.   I didn't see any spiders but got rid of a couple of cobwebs:  then the duster began to cast it's feathers... and a bald feather duster would only be a stick, and 'not fit for purpose';  a bit like most of out MP's.  However there's enough feathers still attached to the stick, to call it a feather duster.  I then thought I'd design my own Christmas Card and

did that with Bonus Print: The prices are so good that it's cheaper that buying the ink and plain cards, and doing it all myself.  I'll only order 20 because I'm not 'iggzactly' sure how they will look as actual cards.   They looked alright in the computer.   After doing that I went to the harbour in the car:  it was cold so I didn't hang around.

20.30    The weather has turned milder;  I know this, not because it feels warmer, but because it's raining.   That said;  there's a Yellow warning or snow and ice for Fife tonight and tomorrow morning....and if it does freeze the roads will be bad.   
I went down to the harbour later, in the middle of the afternoon;  it was cold, but there was a bonnie sky.  I didn't stay out long and was happy to get back home into the warm house.
Iain (Auchnagatt) has been on the phone telling me that he has Fieldfares in the garden.... I saw a small flock of them on my way to Leven yesterday.   This is the first time we've had the winter migrants in big numbers for a while.

22.15   It is starting to feel colder (I've been oot at the bucket):  if it does turn frosty the pavements and roads, will be treacherous tomorrow morning.   Hopefully the hard frost will be on the higher ground.
 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....