Early morning frost....

30th December 2023 (Saturday)   10.00.... after an early frost the sky is clouding over and


rain/sleet is expected by lunchtime.   I had a short wander down to the Ferry Corner;  I was heading for the beach, but the cold, damp air changed that plan.   I got a photo of the sun rising and a few more, then scuttled back and put the kettle on.   This is going to be  a 'work' on the computer day.

15.00   We have a wet, windy and cold afternoon.... and and night, but should have moved through by tomorrow morning.   The West of Fife (Lochgelly cam) has a thin covering of snow.  It's a good day for 'ousework and working on the computer.
Ferry Road has been busy with folk turning up for Hogmanay. I have not  been busy.   At the moment I'm having one of my 'Superior Quality' coffees;  I need to get back to 'full alert' mode, after a good old fashioned kip. 

21.00    Jings I've just spent an hour and half listening tae Cornkisters on Youtube;  that took me back to Myrebird (Crathes), when  'Pop' and a few of the neighbours would hae a session singin' Cornkisters tae the sound of melodeon, moothie and fiddle.   I'll go to bed the nicht singing 'The Alford Cattle Show'... and probably wake up singin' 'The Buchan Vet'.   Happy days right enough.
I've had  reasonably active day... havin' done the holiday washing (it's drying in front of a radiator)... and an ironing.... plus a good bit of writing for the 'Kinneuchar Project'.

Ellon - 23 Dec.

22.30    We, 'The Team' are going to the 19th for lunch tomorrow.... thankfully the weather forecast is 'good' so I should be able to wander round to the 19th ... and take a few photographs on the way.   I was out at the bucket  a wee while ago and noticed the wind had moderated and the rain was lighter.








Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....