Lovely morning.....

 14th December 2023 (Thursday)    09.15..... The breeze is from the southwest this morning,

Lower Methil High Street.

a welcome change of direction that will bring in the sunny intervals mentioned in the weather forecast.   I'll go for the paper(s) after breakfast then take a run to Leven do a shopping for the weekend.   The main plan is to finish writing the local cards today and do some delivering tomorrow.   In the meantime I have a 'slight flap on' .... I have a letter to post;  and I need another cuppa..

21.30    I decided to go to Leven where I would post the letter in the Leven  Post Office; it's situated in the convenience store that now occupies a part of the original Post Office.   The first thing I noticed, (this was before I left Elie where I went to get the papers) was how busy the road was;  and it was like this all the way to Leven.   The temporary traffic lights have at least sorted out getting through the flooded bit East of Mercury Motors.... but it was tricky today, because there was an ambulance coming from the Leven direction and it has to plough it's way through the flood.  When I got to Leven PO the road was lined with cars so no parking space:  this looked like being a 'failed mission'.   I went up to Alice's HQ.   We had a cuppa to 'de-flap' me;  and, during the 'de-flapping' session Alice suggested that we could go to the local PO, in Lower Methil High Street.... and that is what we did.    The actual part of the street with the PO in it was 'Closed' because of building work going on at the former 'Wonder Store' site.   (That used to be a really good shop).  My breathing was iffy so Alice walked along to the PO while I took a few photographs.  And so the letter was posted.    But that's not the most exciting bit of the mission to post this letter.

Mixed housing in Lower Methil.

The street to the West of Leven Post Office is (I think it's a continuation of Victoria Road) has speed bumps and, because of the parking I had to drive over one.... and would you believe it the speed bump had a pothole on top of it!   I don't know if there had been pothole where the bump was being built and the team doing the bump thought;  'it's not our job to fill in pot holes'....so they built in the pothole atop the bump.  I know they wouldn't have done that; but there's  a plague of potholes and Fife Council are going to need an awful lot of tins of yellow spray paint!   

Back at 'HQ', after a wee shopping session in Sainsbury's, Alice, produced a tasty lunch.... which I was well ready for after a hectic morning.   On the way home I dropped Alice off at the Scoonie Care Home to visit her friend Christina.   Since arriving back at Ivy I have had a a catnap, a migraine (weather)... and done very little.   The 'plan' is to potter around the villages tomorrow, delivering cards now and again., and take a few photographs.

Methil has some bonnie old buildings scattered around the town... I must make an effort to photograph some of them before they all disappear.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....