Nice morning.....

11th December 2023 (Monday)    08.15.... It.... 23 second pause..... isn't raining!   And there was


me all togged up expecting wetness.   Actually we have a lovely start to Monday.... quiet, not wet and warmer with only a light breeze.    'Sunny spells'?.... I'd like to have a few come our way, but the forecast is for light, patchy rain to arrive....most likely before the Mobile PO van.   And ....there's a Yellow Warning for rain (Fife) beginning at 09.00 tomorrow morning right through until 03.00 on Wednesday.

20.30   I expected the PO van to be busier but  I was there when it arrived so it might have been busier later.   I was surprised to find that that is cost the same to send a card to Germany, USA and New Zealand:  anyway the cards are on their way and I can now concentrate of getting the inland post ones done.   I met Monica when up in Elie;  looking ft and well and smiling as ever.   Lexie arrived at the PO van just as I was leaving and brought me up to date with the Elie news.

After posting the cards I popped along to Methil to admire Alice's Christmas tree;  this made feel more Christmassy so I might make an attempt at some decorating after I finish the cards.  Alice had been making a batch of Scotch Broth so I ended up having soup and Apple Crumble;  I then felt guilty.   (But not for long).  


The rain we've had today has been of the 'light in weight but very wet kind'.... and it's still raining.  I'll write a few more cards then have an early night as I am really tired.   Last night I woke up thinking that I'd left the heating on.... I was that warm.   I hadn't left the heating 'on' but I had a restless night and I think it has caught up with me.  An  early mug of chocolate is called for, followed by an early night in bed. 

We can look forward to a dust free day tomorrow.

    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....