Damp...

18th December 2023 (Monday)    08.30.... 'light rain with a fresh breeze' is the weather forecast


for the morning, with an improving forecast for the afternoon that includes the chance of a few late sunny spells.   At this time, the sky is overcast with a damp look to it;  we could have a reasonable morning  (with the chance of a light rain); and it's warm.... with only a light south westerly breeze.

16.00   I delivered the last (?) of my local Christmas cards;  I've been working off an old list so there might be a few more as I remember them.   I'll put a card up on FB and on the 'blog' just in case.  Anyway I had a wander round by Rotten Row this afternoon and chatted to Ken (Murray),and  Eleanor and Ron.   An enjoyable walk on a bonnie, if slightly cooler than I expected it to be, afternoon.   
The water table has rise so much with the recent rains that the electricity sub station (Ferry Road) is flooded and overflowing onto Ferry Road;  luckily the actual unit is above the water level.   Ferry Road is going to be 'Closed' for two weeks beginning on the 8th January to allow work to stop the ingress of water.


22.30    Tomorrow's plan is to go to Leven and deliver cards to Janet, then go up to Methil to have a cuppa at Alice's before we visit Scoonie Care Home:  I might as well do some shopping when in Leven.   Iain is coming down on Friday then we travel up to Auchnagatt on Saturday for Christmas with Iain, Jackie and the 'troops', Hazel and Catriona.  I intend going for some major road driving when the better weather is back with us.... Springtime so that I can drive up to Aberdeenshire in the summer.
 
Main Street - Kinneuchar.

We have 'sunny intervals' coming our way tomorrow... but it's only one day of sun stuff, as we then have mixed weather for a few days.... including gales on Thursday.  That said it is still mild for this time of year.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....