Snow showers ....

2nd December 2023 (Saturday)     09.00 .... We have another cold morning, and, having had a


shower of snow it's wintry.  The snow isn't Christmas card kind o' snow....it's big, wet flakes.   However its -2C just now so will be around for a bit.   We had a red sunrise (which I photographed from the gate) so I guess we can expect more sleet/snow showers.   The forecast for us is .... 32.5 second pause .... is ... another 3 second pause.... is. 'sleet showers with light winds'.  orf to put the kettle on.


10.30   An hour ago the sleet on the car windscreen was frozen; suddenly the temperature shot up to 2C and defrosted the snow, so I've been out and flicked the wet snow off it.   I'm almost a happy boy.... but I'm not liking this wintry spell o' weather.

17.30   Having flicked the snow off the windscreen, I had a cuppa;  then louped intae the car and went to the harbour....to find that the skiff had been out earlier, on what had been a perfect, calm morning for rowing.   By the time I was down there the tide was well out and people were wandering around on

the beach;  with two very brave people swimming.   That must have been ... er ... refreshing.  When I left the harbour I decided to nip along to Methil to have a cuppa with Alice;  and ended up having lunch.   Alice has been busy with her 'projects':  I felt guilty and decided  I'd better get going with mine.   









20.00   It's nor as cold out as I thought it was going to be (I've been out at the bucket), but it is supposed to be cold tomorrow with the chance of precipitation in the afternoon.   Not that I intend going anywhere tomorrow as I plan to start my next 'project'.... and writing my Christmas cards.  The stamps arrive today so I'll get the ones for posting done  first.   I've been looking for something to watch

on the TV but didn't find anything that I fancied watching.   I'll put the kettle 'on'.
The bottom photo came up in my  FB 'Memories' so I thought I'd cheer everyone up by showing you some of the  'troops' of 1959.   My word, those were the days.   I enjoyed my National Service.  I think I have 'Memories of my National Service days' somewhere;  I remember writing them many years ago.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....