Quiet morning.....

20th December 2023 (Wednesday)    08.30.... Jings!... even the sun isnae keen to 'rise' on dark

'Viking Neptune' - multi purpose offshore vessel.

mornings!... what am  I saying.... it's because the sun doesn't rise until 08.43 (today) that we have the dark mornings... silly boy!   It's actually a lovely morning and, though the sky is mostly overcast just now,  it looks like we could have an 'interesting sky day' ahead.   I might take a few photos.... something I didn't do yesterday!   Yesterday was an 'inside' day.

11.00   We have blue patches in the sky;  things are beginning to look interesting.  I've been for the papers and down to the harbour but the sky was grey at that time;  however I have to go to the shops after morrrrning coffee so I should get a few brighter Elie and Earlsferry photographs then.

18.30    I think that I finally finished with my Christmas preparations today.... having got the last few bits and pieces this morrrrning.   Since then I have actually wrapped things in Christmas wrapping paper:  that's a first.   Maggie did all that kind o' thing;  my job was supplying her with regular mugs o' tea:  something I am rather good at.   And I have even put up tinsel.   When I finally finish 'decorating' and the

'ooverin' and dustin' I'll take a photograph.   I'm starting to feel a touch of the old Christmas 'ho ho ho' coming on:  I might even put on a Christmas DVD later.
When I was at the shops the second time I got myself a few photos of a sunny Elie High Street;  and took the car up to the Filling Station.

21.00    I am looking forward to my Christmas break up at Auchnagatt;  that reminds me I'd better make a start to packing a holdall;  we're travelling  on Saturday.

I've had a busy old day and still have an ironing to do, having done a washing.   Tomorrow will be 'ousework, with a break for Christmas lunch at the 19th with Kirsty and Myra.   I have Iain's bed to uncover;  at the moment it is cluttered with ironing.... so there will be a 'flap on'  tomorrow.    
The wind is beginning to freshen and we're to have a strong winds through tonight until midday

tomorrow;  the whole of Scotland, and all the way down the Midlands of England, is covered by a Yellow warning for wind.








Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....