31st December 2023 (Sunday)    09.30.... It's a nice, quiet mornin'; in fact I might have saunter


to the beach later.   I am having lunch at the 19th with the girls so I don't have to bother about food today;  I'll have a sandwich in the evening.  Orf to put the kettle on before having the aforementioned saunter tae the beach.

11.45    There's no doubt about it;  'Elie and Earlsferry' is a bonnie corner of Mother Earth.   You'll have guessed that I enjoyed my 'saunter' down to Nana's Seat, but it was too wet, to sit on.   I did try to wipe it dry but to no avail; so I just 'stood staunin' there and got a load on photographs....including one with Dorothy coming along the path from the Elie direction.   It is a beautiful day for a walk... and the beach was busy with folk doing just that.   I'd better get myself organised for lunch at the 19th: I imagine the pub will be busy today.


20.30    We, 'The Team', had a lovely lunch at the 19th (as ever) .... and our usual catch up chat.   The 19th was busy.... but not as busy as it will be this evening for Hogmanay.   The weather has been lovely for the last day of 2023;  it's frosty now but at least it's dry.  I don't intend staying up for 'the bells';  I think I'm perhaps slightly a bit too old for the new 'New Year' music and celebrations.   Actually, if I do watch anything, it will be BBC Alba (Gaelic);  it's still done along the auld fashioned style o' Hogmanay.  Havin' said that they've probably changed it this year!   Orf to have a cuppa.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....