Windy with showers ....

12th June 2022 (Sunday)    08.45 .... Hmmm .... it’s windy, cauld and it looks


like we could have some light showers; a day for this boy confining himself to the barracks I’m thinkin’.   I had hoped to take Alice along to the Harbour Masters ‘ouse at Dysart, but, though I only had my woollie ‘at orf for ten minutes yesterday in the wind, my heid is ‘under the weather’ this morning (shingles 30 years ago.... and I had my haircut on Thursday).   All I have to do is stay warm today;  it’s a computer day... and I should be all action tomorrow.   In fact I have already been working (on the computer) and hope to scrape the ‘romantic corner’ table once the sun gets going (which it isnae doing right now).

13.00    It’s a bonnie day now;  yes... it is a bit breezy but nothing like it was yesterday.   I have been scraping the ‘RC’ (romantic corner) table and will do more after lunch.    I’d like the top to be cleaned by the end of today.... it’s the trickiest bit.    The table is aluminium and the metal has oxidized,  and is powdery, under the original paint.  Oh... I’m feeling excitable again.


20.00   The table top has been scraped ... all I have to do tomorrow are the legs.    I have paint in the shed, but I’m not sure about the colours I have to choose from.   I’ll check tomorrow morning;  but ‘Blob’ is going to be a nuisance when it comes to painting.   Two of his ‘bairns’ are already venturing into The Hutte;  Blob and wife are contemplating another brood.

It seems that Wood Pigeons are now ‘garden birds’.... and, being bigger, they have taken over from the Collared Doves.   I don’t know where the Collared Doves have gone, but I never see any around Ivy now.

It’s been a nice enough day but it has turned cooler now.   It was never overly warm due to the wind.   Sunny Sussex is warmer.... and could be hot by the end of the week.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....