Bright and breezy ....

27th June 2022 (Monday)      07.30 .... Ye Gods .... I must have been tired last


night:   I fell asleep at 22.30 and didn’t wake up until 06.30..... eight hours o’ unbroken sleep.... it’s a long time since I had that.   I enjoyed Balcarres gardens with Alice yesterday... even the rain didn’t spoil it;  though we could have done the Woodland walk if the weather had been kinder.   I slept the sleep of a happy and contented boy. 

We have ‘bright and breezy’ start to the day, with the chance of showers in the afternoon;  much the same as yesterday.   This will be a pottering around the garden sorting out the romantic corner day.... plus a few rest periods in The Hutte.    It’s time for breakfast.


10.45   I have been vertical for the past few hours but I only actually woke up half an hour ago:  I must have been really tired last night.   I finished a Sudoku and fed ‘Blob’.... his wife will be laying, and should appear later.   The young ‘Blob’ (the one that perched on my ‘pointing’ finger) has disappeared... as have his siblings.   I’m hoping that the second clutch has more luck.   Must ‘go’... slight flap on;  I’m feeling mair active (and awake) now that I’ve had morrrning coffee.  

19.30    I never really got going today:  I went to the West Braes (Pittenweem) to see how the shelter project progressing.... and wondering what is going on the West gable;  hoping it was going to be Gannet.... and it is.  I took a load of photos and went down to have a look at the swimming pool.   I had the urge to do a bit of the Coastal Path but decided that today was not the day.   I wasn’t going to do more than a couple of hundred yards;  just enough to say that I’d been on the Coastal Path.   There was a seriously heavy looking cloud coming over from the southwest so I made my way back to the car.... and got there  as  the aforementioned cloud began to deposit its contents.   There was quite a deluge on the way home,  so that put paid to the gardening.   I made a cuppa.

21.30     I was tempted to have a go at the beach this evening but the air wasn’t right;  I


couldn’t “haul it doon tae the bottom o’ ma lungs” like I did the other evening.  I have nae ‘plan ‘ for tomorrow;  the weather forecast is ‘could be damp’ for the early part of the morning.... but sunny intervals with a chance of showers for most of the day.  I’m hoping the garden will be dry so that I can some work done.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....