Overcast and not warm ....

6th June 2022 (Monday)   The 78th anniversary of the D-Day landings:  the beginning of the end of WWII.

07.00    It’s a grey and none not overly warm start to the day.... however we will be bathed

A Friesian coo with wheels.
in sunny spells by midday, luckily it’s only a light breeze from the East so the wind chill factor is low(ish).   I’m going to loup intae the car to go for the paper before breakfast.... oh... and visit the 'arbour to, see if 'Sundance' is where she should be. 

08.30   Well .... I much prefer being out in warm weather, and it ain’t warm out there just now.    Bring on Midsummer’s Day;  our summer usually begins when the sun starts it’s run down to winter...which it does at 10.13, on Tuesday the 21st June.   Warm days ahead.

16.30    Ye Gods .... I had a touch of the ‘mauchless’ this afternoon;  something I got frequently in New Zealand.... rarely here.   It’s when there’s a dry air and you feel like there’s nae oxygen around.   In New Zealand I went and lay on the bed (usually fell asleep) for a couple of hours until the air cooled down;  and that’s what I did today.   It’s actually a bonnie day, but, for me, a bit of a nuisance.   I’ll go out in the evening.  

I was been working in the garden at the time,  and Ivy garden is a sun trap which explains the mauchless.  


19.00    I had a run up to Balcarres in the car and had a daunder round part of the Woodland walk.   The Rhododendrons are looking their best just now.   I’ll have ago at biking up to Balcarres later in the week.... ‘when’ depends on what the weather is doing.  


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....