Breezy ....

11th June 2022 (Saturday)     08.00 .....It’s windy, and we’re going to have


‘strong winds’ all day .... at the moment it’s F6 out in the Firth;  and there’s the chance of short sharp showers.   The History Society is unveiling a  plaque on the boundary wall of the ‘Earlsferry House’ site (the West end of the Ferry High Street) at 11.30 this morning.... the wind will be bothersome, and, hopefully, the showers somewhere else.



14.00    It was a bright and very breezy’ morning for the unveiling of the ‘Earlsferry House’ plaque.... but, thankfully, it didn’t rain.  In spite of the wind a good number of folk came to the unveiling ceremony.   Which Myra and I did with a flourish.   It was hard competing with the wind and occasional car for the speech but Graham managed ‘nae bother’.    I managed my wee bit but I wouldn’t say it was ‘nae bother’.


After the unveiling we went to the Pavilion to have  tea/coffee and sandwiches for lunch;  very enjoyable it was too.   Lunch was followed by a good old natter.   It has been a very enjoyable morning;  I felt relaxed ... happiness had beaten the shadow of COVID. 

It’s still windy so I won’t get out on the bike this afternoon;  I might tackle Chapel green in the afternoon.


20.30    This has been an enjoyable day;  but I didn’t go out on the bike.   In fact tomorrow will be a quiet day....probably scraping the romantic corner table.  I’d best have a look at the forecast for tomorrow before I decide what I’ll be doing!   ‘Sunny intervals and fresh breeze’ is the forecast so scraping the table it will be.   The wind we’ve had all day has moderated a bit and will be normal tomorrow.   Ivy garden is sheltered so it will be warm.... and a fine day for pottering.   I’ll take time out from the pottering to get a legible photo of the plaque that we unveiled today;  the history is


fascinating and it’s thanks to Graham that it has all been uncovered.   If you go into the Elie and Earlsferry History Society website and Search for ‘Earlsferry House’ you can read all about it.   You will be amazed.   I've put  links to both pages below. 

It’s a bonnie evening but still a bit breezy and cool so I’ll stay in and have an early mug o’ chocolate.  I might find something to watch on the tele.


Here is a link to Part One  of ‘Earlsferry House’

.... and a link to Part Two of ‘Earlsferry House’


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....