Sunny and warm ....

25th June 2022 (Saturday)     07.30....It looks like it’s going to be a good day


for beach and water activities;  ‘bright sunny and warm’ with a brisk breeze from the southerly direction.    I won’t go to the beach, but I will charge the bike battery  so that I can go out in the evening.   It’s time to go for the paper and check the ‘arbour... in the car. 

19.00     That, short sharp heavy shower  (accompanied by a couple of rumbles o’ thunder) certainly cleared the air, watered the garden.... and got rid of my thundery headache.   That last rumble was a strike near Balchrystie.

This has been a day of surprises;  I came in from The Hutte to find a message on the answering machine: it was from my cousin Helen.   She and Wullie, (who had been at the Highland Show)  were busy circumnavigating the villages looking for Ivy Cottage.   The next time Helen rang I was able to answer the phone and guid them to their target... where we had a cuppa and caught up with all the Alford news.   When Helen and Wullie were parking their car, my niece Lesley, and her friend Vivien, appeared at the top of the road:  they had walked over from Shell Bay and were making for the lighthouse... so they were also circumnavigating the villages.   Lesley and Vivien’s was a planned circumnavigation;  Helen and Wullie’s  mair o’ a mystery tour.   It was brilliant seeing


everyone again and lucky that they all appeared at the same time; and therefore able to chat together before Lesley and Vivien set off for the lighthouse.    I only wish I’d been able to have the ‘romantic table ‘on site’;  but the site was not quite ready (I need one slab).    I had planned to do the ‘romantic corner’ today but got diverted by starting to sort out The Hutte.   This has been an exciting day for me... and I have another one tomorrow:   Balcarres Gardens (Scotland’s Gardens Scheme) are ‘Open’ in the afternoon.   Not much in the way of work done, but loads o' chat and happiness.

For the past few weeks I’ve noticed that my ‘oover hasn’t been ... well... sookin’ as it should.   Today I decided that it might need a new bag.    Right enough it did:  the one in the Hoover was like a brick.    The next thing I found out was that I didn’t have any ‘oover bags.   So there will be nae ‘ooverin’ until the ‘oover bags I ordered today arrive.   I might do a bit o’ dustin’ to keep my hand in.   Then again I might not!

21.30    Because we ended up with a bonnie evening I went for a run up to Kinneuchar


(in the car) and home by Balbuthie.   Finally... and I can’t believe I would do this:  imagine having four models in Ivy garden and no’ takin’ a single photo.   I am annoyed wi’ me.   Luckily Lesley did!      

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....