Bright and breezy ....

18th June 2022 (Saturday)      06.30 ....We have a ‘bright and breezy start’ to


the day;  and the weather is much the same... though cool.    This is going to be a ‘lazy day’:  I’ll finish the table, potter around the garden and Hutte, and generally relax.   Oh this is good news;   a jar of “Queen Catherine’s” Somerset honey arrived by post, and Irene brought round some pieces of a goodie that she made.  I start my morning with a teaspoonful of Somerset honey from Emily and John’s hives and a piece of Irene’s delicacy. The goodie (I think) is called “15’s”.... ‘cos there’s fifteen ingredients in the mixtures.   Mwahh xx.... what a lovely way to start a day: In fact I’m thinking of getting the bike out after breakfast... and once the air warms up a bit.


09.45    Hmmmm .... it’s windier (F5-6 on the water), and therefore cooler, than I thought it was going to be so the bike will, like me, be staying around Ivy;  if the wind moderates later in the afternoon I may go out.   In the meantime I think another teaspoonful of Somerset honey is called foe.... followed by a cuppa.   I have wee bits to do to the table so I’ll do that before washing the floors.    It’s a good drying day....albeit a cool one.

21.00    It was a good drying day right enough.... we had some frisky gusts o’ wind.   Anyway the washing dried, the floors dried;  and the table is finished.   I just have to tidy up the corner and sort out a couple o’ chairs.

Shona dropped in just after lunch (she had been at the shops in Elie), so we had a cuppa and blether in The Hutte.   Shona is suffering from hay fever just now;  the pollen levels are high at this time of year.    The forecast for pollen is ‘Medium’ tomorrow.... and ‘High’ on Monday.   Quiet time ahead for the ‘boy’ I’m thinkin’.  

I had hope that the wind would drop away to practically nothing, but that does not look

Garden table.

like ‘appening;  so nae bike this evening.    It has been a breezy (and cool) day;  most of which I spent in the garden and the Hutte.  

I saw on the weather forecast that ‘Sunny Sussex’ is going to be cooler tomorrow;  something like 15 degrees cooler.   That’s a big change.   Luckily we don’t have to cope with that sort of change in Bonnie Scotland!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....