Overcast and wet ....

29th June 2022 (Wednesday)   07.45 ....My word.... it’s bleak and wet just


now.... but the sky is brightening towards the West so we should end up with ‘light showers with a moderate breeze’.... the bits in between the showers being sunny spells;  long ones!    I don’t think the bike will be going far today;  I’m feeling frisky, and fancied a tour of the villages.   ‘Tour’?.... The ‘Tour de France starts (in Denmark) on Friday, with Stage 1 being a time trial around Copenhagen.

16.00    This turned into another ‘rest day’;  the garden was too wet to do anything.   All I have done is had a short play with the ‘oover, and carry cuppas up to The Hutte where I did a few Sudoku’s.  The showers have been few but they have been wet.   I’ll have a run out in the evening... probably in the car.


22.30    The tide was out when I went to the harbour so I was able to wander around the boats;  this was an hour before sunset.   Unfortunately I only had the wee camera (Olympus) with me... and it ran out of power.   The spare batteries were at home, so I didn’t catch the sun dropping below the clouds.   That said I am happy with the photos I got.

This hasn’t been a rest day ... it’s been more of a lazy one;  I did stuff on the computer but the showers were too frequent to even consider going out on the bike...and the garden was always too wet to get anything done there.   I’m a frustrated bunny.

The ‘Balcarres’ book that I ordered is down for delivery on Friday.   I am happy about


that;  I was worried in case it was going to be delivered tomorrow;  I am going to a Memorial Service in Upper Largo kirk in the middle of the day.   I also have another book to order but I won’t do that until Friday. 

This has been a frustrating kind of day but at least it’s ending with a promising look... almost a red sky  in fact.   ‘Light rain showers with a moderate breeze’ is the forecast.   It’s chocolate time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....