Light rain ....

17th June 2022 (Friday )    06.30 .... a light shower bumbled it’s way over just


now so I changed my mind about going out on the bike;  the light rain is forecast to move away  over the morning, and we’re to have sunny spells with a fresh breeze.   Although damp at present its warm.... slightly muggy in fact.   I’m going to have an early breakfast, before loupin’ intae the car to go for the paper.

08.30    I got caught with some big spits o’ rain at the harbour, but only for a few minutes.... I was in the car, and got out after the shower passed.   The wind has freshened since I got ‘up’ but it’s not cold.   I came home by way of Kinneuchar but didn’t stop:  and, I might bike up to Kinneuchar in the afternoon.

I think I might be able to catch up with the ‘ouse work today;  ‘ousework has been neglected since I began preparing and painting the table.   


11.00    I don’t know whether to watch cycling (The Tour of Slovenia) or wash the lobby, bathroom and kitchen flairs.  Plan : I’ll watch a wee bit o’ the cycling then wash the floors when to sun breaks through;  when the sun’s out the floors dry quicker.

With the weather being mixed I’ve had a quiet (lazy) morning but I’m starting to get into a ‘work’ mood:   a cuppa is required before I do anything.

20.45   I’ve had a mixed (and interesting day).  On the tele I watched the highlights of the Slovenian Tour;  then swept the lobby, bathroom and kitchen floors;   the ‘plan’ being to wash them tomorrow, because tomorrow is going to be a good drying day.  

I decided to take a break and found a documentary about my favourite artist; 


Claude 
Monet.   He always painted ‘plein air’ and I don’t think there’s anyone painted ‘light’ better than he did.  The documentary was based on letters he sent to various friends over his lifetime.   I didn’t fall asleep. 

The table top is near enough finished, and will be tomorrow.

22.00   I had a run up to Kinneuchar (in the car) to catch the kirk in evening light.   It’s a nice evening.... but cool.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....