Damp ....

9th June 2022 (Thursday)     07.30 ....it’s cloudy and damp just now, but the


forecast is better for the afternoon;  a good shopping/haircut morning, followed by a reasonable chance of going out on the bike later in the afternoon;  the south eastern sky is starting to break up already. 

19.30   The weather turned ‘bright and sunny and warm’ and I enjoyed the best day I’ve had in a while;  the breathing tubes were nigh on normal.   I used to enjoy a wander down Leven High Street.   Today I went to the ‘Bargain Store’,  Sainsbury’s and the High Street ... and got all the items I went for;  including a haircut.   Actually Leven seemed slightly more vibrant, more like the old Leven before the shadow of COVID hung over came over us.  With some time to spare  I even had a quick sortie to Leven beach.   All is looking better in Leven.

Having spent the morning in Leven (I got home about 13.30) my afternoon was spent mostly resting.   I almost went out on the bike but the streets were busy ....too busy for me;   and I was tired after wandering round the shops.


I haven’t been ‘roond the villages’ at today;  but I’m sure that all is where it should be.   I’ll check tomorrow morning .... hopefully on the bike if the weather is the same as today’s.

20.30   I’m tired after my efforts today; that means tomorrow is going to be a ‘rest’ day.   If it’s quiet in the morning I’ll go out on the bike;  might even do Elie estate.   After that I’ll potter around the garden... and scrape the ‘romantic corner’ table.  I still haven’t worked out how I’m going to paint it without ‘Blob’ sticking to it.   One of his offspring is beginning to settle down in the garden;  in fact it’s becoming quite ‘tame’. 

I see that we have a serious problem with Avian ‘flu;  that can take out any bird that comes in contact with a carrier.   Mostly its sea birds.... and sadly Gannets have already been found dead on the Firth beaches;  both shores.   Don’t touch and don’t let the dogs touch.

I have a nest of 'Tree Bumbles' above the back door:  they are fascinating insects.   I'll


take a photo tomorrow.    They don't have large colonies;  and the colony dies off at the end of July so they never become a nuisance... and I like 'bumbles'.  Not so keen on wasps.

It’s now time to browse the TV channels;  and chocolate time.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....