'Wall to wall' blue sky ....

20th June 2022 (Monday)     05.45 ....  We have a ‘wall to wall’ blue sky, and

Eider duck creche.... 6 ducklings with guardians.

there’s only a light breeze  so I am going to get the bike out.... after an early breakfast;  and another cuppa.   It’s going to be warm later... in fact it is going to be a sun cream day.
  

12.00   It is a sun cream day.... though for a while, in the middle of the morning, a layer of fairly heavy cloud drifted over and the temperature dropped.  Anyway it’s braw noo. 

I biked to the harbours first thing (06.30); it was so calm and peaceful that I went back again in the car with a mug o’ tea and got another batch o’ photographs.   This is a good sign as it’s the kind of thing I did before I caught a virus.   Mind you I’ll probably need have to have a kip in the afternoon;  that said I’ve had a cat nap in The Hutte;   and, more excitingly ....my breathing has been good.  

I’m having sausages and mash for lunch today:  the tautties and vegetable are done... and the sausages thawed out.   There’s time for a quick cuppa ... and some gardening before lunch.


14.00   This gardening is starting to get interesting;  today I saw a black Bumble Bee (Queen) looking for place to make her ‘nest’.  A black bumble bee is a first in Ivy garden;  oh... Ivy garden is a wild garden and I’m lovin’ it.   Instead of me having to go out to look for insects.... the insects are coming to me.   I think today’s sighting has to be a Red Tailed Bumble Bee Queen, with me not seeing the red tail.   I say this because Red Tailed Bumble bees are not uncommon in the Central Belt of Scotland... including West Fife.  Had it been totally black, which was my initial thought, it would be a Ruderal Bumble Bee, but they are rare and from Oxfordshire so it’s unlikely to be one of those.  I might get lucky, with the Queen I saw settling down in Ivy garden, and I then get a positive identification.  I’m going to have a cuppa then do a wee bit more in the garden.   Emily and John did a load o' work when they were here;  all I have to do is bits here and there.

20.45    Well it has been a beautiful day.... and it is a Red Tailed Bumble bee I have in the


garden;  I have seen her a few times when working this afternoon.   The first time I saw a Red Tailed was near Sunderland 40 years ago.   I’ve seen them around here since then, but this is a first.... if she settles down to ‘nest’ in Ivy garden.

I managed to stay busy (my idea of busy) up till 15.00 then it became too warm (21c) so I did a couple of Sudoku’s;  then fell asleep.  I don’t think my auld muscles are taking kindly to this work thing:  however I should have a good night’s sleep.

This has been my best day for a while;  breathing good and thinking more ‘auld normal’.   Orf to put the kettle ‘on’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....