Breezy and cool ....

19th June 2022 (Sunday)   07.00.... it’s breezy, and cool, this morning.... a


bonnie morning with an interesting sky: “sunny intervals with a moderate breeze and a high pollen count” is the forecast.   I’m feeling ‘almost bright eyed and bushy tailed’.... and looking forward to a long spell of decent summer weather.   Another cuppa is called for methinks.


09.00   I began my day by going for the paper(in the car) and visiting the harbour:  it wasn’t that cold at the harbour though the temperature is low for this time of year.    I am beginning to feel better, in fact I’m feeling fairly frolicsome,  so I must be shaking orf the head cold ....at long last.   I’ll put the kettle ‘on’ and have a slice o’ toast.... with Queen Catherine’s honey.

22.15   I’ve been busy in the Hutte and the garden; and staying warm in the shelter of Ivy garden... on what has been a cool day.   I had intended taking Alice to Dysart but decided it would be too cold for me there (I don’t want another heid cauld);  I phoned Alice and we’re going to do Balcarres Garden next Sunday instead.  

Tomorrow’s ‘plan’ is going to be more of the same;  gardening and resting in the Hutte with Sudoku’s...  and the paper.   The forecast is good for tomorrow;  in fact if it turns out as forecast tomorrow could be ‘summer’ like.   I don’t want it to be too hot.... definitely not Sunny Sussex’ hot.... but a decent summer would be very welcome.


It is a bonnie evening;  so bonnie that I had a run out in the car.... to the harbour.   It was one of those balmy Elie and Earlsferry evenings; and a lot of folk were out enjoying it.  

This has been a good day for me, and with the forecast being good for tomorrow I might take the bike to go for the paper ....if it’s not too windy.   It’s chocolate time. 

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....