Breezy and cool ....

19th June 2022 (Sunday)   07.00.... it’s breezy, and cool, this morning.... a


bonnie morning with an interesting sky: “sunny intervals with a moderate breeze and a high pollen count” is the forecast.   I’m feeling ‘almost bright eyed and bushy tailed’.... and looking forward to a long spell of decent summer weather.   Another cuppa is called for methinks.


09.00   I began my day by going for the paper(in the car) and visiting the harbour:  it wasn’t that cold at the harbour though the temperature is low for this time of year.    I am beginning to feel better, in fact I’m feeling fairly frolicsome,  so I must be shaking orf the head cold ....at long last.   I’ll put the kettle ‘on’ and have a slice o’ toast.... with Queen Catherine’s honey.

22.15   I’ve been busy in the Hutte and the garden; and staying warm in the shelter of Ivy garden... on what has been a cool day.   I had intended taking Alice to Dysart but decided it would be too cold for me there (I don’t want another heid cauld);  I phoned Alice and we’re going to do Balcarres Garden next Sunday instead.  

Tomorrow’s ‘plan’ is going to be more of the same;  gardening and resting in the Hutte with Sudoku’s...  and the paper.   The forecast is good for tomorrow;  in fact if it turns out as forecast tomorrow could be ‘summer’ like.   I don’t want it to be too hot.... definitely not Sunny Sussex’ hot.... but a decent summer would be very welcome.


It is a bonnie evening;  so bonnie that I had a run out in the car.... to the harbour.   It was one of those balmy Elie and Earlsferry evenings; and a lot of folk were out enjoying it.  

This has been a good day for me, and with the forecast being good for tomorrow I might take the bike to go for the paper ....if it’s not too windy.   It’s chocolate time. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....