Bright and breezy ....

23rd June 2022 (Thursday)     06.00 ....Last night I switched the computer off at


21.15 ....switched the kettle ‘on’, and went out to the front gate where I took a deep breath;  and it went straight to lungs;  the first time it’s done that for a couple of months.    I thought “Alber my boy ... I reckon you could have a walk to the beach”.   And that is what I did, though I didn’t go down onto the beach, but walked along the bents as far as the latest demolition site;   Miss Errington’s house.    

We have a bright and breezy start to the day.... and it’s cool but that’s to be expected at this time of morning.   There’s a lot of cloud coming over from the WNW but showers aren’t mentioned in the forecast so we should have a bonnie day.

10.00    The papers have been uplifted;  and  followed by a trip to the West Braes, Pittenweem to see the Shelter Project that Wilma told me about yesterday.    Wilma also let us see photos that she’d taken of the shelter.... and they had me in a state o’ excitement:  which is why I went to The Braes this morning.    Welll .... to say I was amazed is putting it mildly.   You cannae miss the shelter from the car park;  there’s a Puffin with a beak full of sand eels, inviting you to “come and see what’s going on".... "there could be more surprises!"    There are 'more surprises';  and when it’s finished it will be a ‘must see’ for visitors to the East Neuk.  

 


20.30    It has been a lovely day.... sunny and warm once the sun got going and warm;  too warm for me in the afternoon.... I sat in The Hutte and read the papers and did Sudoku’s.

Alan came along from ‘arbour ‘ouse with a rhubarb crumble... and we discussed the potential of the ‘romantic’ table.   It look braw but I very much doubt if it will live up to its name.

I’ve been working in the garden and the ‘broon’ bucket is almost full .... just enough room for the kitchen waste.   It doesn’t get emptied until the 1st July.   I could continue weeding and take it to Pittenweem in black bags I suppose;   I’ll see how I feel tomorrow.

I had hoped to do the beach again this evening but the air isn’t as good as it was last


night.   I’ll have a look ‘ower the gate’ after this update.   There’ no doubt that I am thinking better again... and doing things the way I did before I had the virus. Fatigue is the worst after effect now.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....