Overcast and damp ....


7th April 2019 (Sunday) .... 08.00    Hmmmmmm .... we have another morning of low cloud, being driven in from the North Sea, though it isn’t as wet as
Elie - the boats were craned in yesterday.
yesterday.... more of a ‘light Scotch Mist;   and not a particularly interesting sky!     I’ll have breakfast then bumble along for the paper.


10.30    Right now, at this very moment, I am enjoying a cuppa and a slice of Monica’s ginger bread;   I tell a lie .... I’m enjoying two slices of Monica’s gingerbread!    From that you will have deduced that I have been up to Elie, bought the papers, went down to the harbour, delivered a ‘stick’ to Monica and Alistair.... and enjoyed a mug of coffee, and a chat, with ‘M and A’.  The weather may not be pretty but my morning has been pleasurable thus far.     The ‘plan’ is to go down to the beach for a walk in a wee while.    I keep checking the Fife weather cams to see if the sky is breaking up but no sign of that happening so far.
Anstruther Lifeboat.

13.45    The sky is slightly paler, but not much.... and I have been down on the beach;  a busy beach!    The villages are busy with families here for the different school holidays.    Does this mean that Easter weekend will be quiet?    The Easter weekend is usually chaotic.    I found it cold on the beach, because of the brisk easterly wind:  but that hasn’t stopped the kids wanting to play on the beach.
The Boat Race(s) are on the tele this afternoon:  I’ll make a cuppa then settle down to watch the Ladies Race;  it starts in 15 minutes



   18.30     Oxford came second in both the Ladies and the Men’s boat races;   in other words ... Cambridge won!    The Ladies won by a big margin;  the Men’s race was closer.   Watching the Boat Race(s) kept me warm on what has been a cold afternoon.  
Elie Bay.
  I set out to go down to the beach later in the afternoon, but the wind had freshened, and it was really really cold.

The sky is definitely clearing and we have a better forecast for tomorrow:    long sunny spells, but the East wind will knock a few degrees off what could be a bonnie day.    I don’t have a ‘plan of action’ for tomorrow;   a walk, in the shelter of Balcarres Den,... is appealing.   Anywhere that’s out of the wind will do.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....