Cherry blossom time ....


30th April 2019 (Tuesday)      07.30    it looks like we are going to have
Misty morning.
another day like yesterday;   overcast at first, followed by sunny spells when the sun burns the cloud off .... and cool in the, seemingly persistent, easterly breeze.   I have only been as far as the front gate but I’ll have a tour round the ‘Royal Burrow Burgh’ on the bike, .... after another cuppa.



21.00    It’s been a busy day for this boy;  and the weather has been nice, but mistier.    My morning began with a trip round the ‘Royal Burgh’ on the bike before breakfast;  and after breakfast I went to Leven to visit Jim.... and do a shopping.    Jim was very communicative at all today, but he’d just had breakfast, and was nigh on asleep.   I’d taken in a couple of custard tarts for us to have with our coffee, but Jim was not really in the mood, so I sat for a while talking to one of the other residents, before bumbling off to do the shopping.

Letham Glen - Leven.
I’d done most of the shopping in Lidl’s, before visiting Jim, but wanted two ‘Duck in Plum Sauce’ ready meals to have in the freezer, so had to go to Sainsbury’s for those.    Sainsbury’s was quiet ... until I was ready to checkout;  of course that’s when everybody with full trolleys decided to checkout too, so I went to the self scan checkouts and had a great time..... the lassie i/c self scan did all the checking out for me.    I’d bought more than two duck ready meals.

This is ‘cherry blossom’ time and the trees in Letham Glen (Leven) are in full bloom so I went in there to get swallowed up in the pinkness of cherry trees.    Cherry trees lining the roads into Elie and Earlsferry would look good but I suppose there will be ‘rools’ about planting trees alongside roads now:  and it would depend on the landowner wanting to plant trees by the roadsides.

At long last I finished cleaning the kitchen windows this afternoon..... I never have
Cherry blossom.
enjoyed doing the insides:  it gets harder, and takes longer, every time.    The outsides are a dawdle.  I’m one satisfied and happy ‘window cleaner’ tonight.  
I’ve nothing planned for tomorrow: now I’m wondering if I should try visiting Jim again.    I’ll see how I feel after morning coffee, and after I’ve seen Myra.    The weather is forecast to be duller with the chance of light rain later in the afternoon, with the wind having veered to the south west.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....