Cauld southeast wind ....


15th April 2019 (Monday) .... 08.30    Welllll .... I can say, without fear of
Elie.
contradiction, that the harbour is not the place to be today;   there a cauld wind blawin’ and I’d left my gloves in the car.  However I did get myself a few photographs ....  but even they look cauld.   That said, it was early morning (06.20)  and the sun was behind clouds.   I can’t imagine me doing much work outside The Hutte today.    The wind is  F4 – 5 .... from the southeast.





14.30    The wind is still as frisky as it was this morning, but there is a softer feel to it.... its warmer.    Earlier, when it was cold, I baked scones, using a recipe ‘donated’ to the Courier Weekend magazine by The British Golf Museum, to celebrate ‘Tiger’ coming back:  let’s be honest.... golf without ‘Tiger’ was like the Tour de France would be without bikes!

 
30 minutes after sunrise time - Elie harbour.
The
 scones are  very tasty, but, having used the recipe quantities, I ended up with 24 scones:  I’ll freeze 18.   Now that the air is warmer I’m going to scratch about outside.... probably make a start to painting the front of the Hutte.... after I have a cuppa and a scone with raspberry jam. 


  19.30     I didn’t do any painting, but I did get everything organised ready to ‘go’ ..... tomorrow if the weather is suitable:   it was just a wee bit too windy (therefore cold)  for me painting outside.     I was able to do some gardening, in the more sheltered bit of the garden;  and drink copious amounts of tea.... inside the Hutte.    Tomorrow’s weather is going to be much the same as today’s, but cloudier;  the
Early morning sunlit Elie.
temperature should start rising on Wednesday, and by the weekend we could be suffering a scorching 19c!    Better get the shorts looked out.    Thinking about it, I’d be best to leave any painting until the cosier days!    Actually I might just do that;   I’m sure I could find some other thing to occupy my attention tomorrow.



I put 15 scones in the freezer... ate three ... and have another six to eat over the next couple of days.    Freezing scones solves a problem I’ve had since Jimmy died:  when Jimmy was around I baked scones, more or less once a week, and we scoffed them in ‘nae time’.    Now any scones I make I have to eat myself;  or, like today, make a batch and freeze some.    Perfect.

Picture courtesy BBC TV.
22.30     I’m watching the BBC coverage of Notre-Dame burning.    I suppose we should be thankful that no lives have been lost.... at least not that we know of.    Notre-Dame is a huge example of what humans were capable of 800+ years ago: and watching Notre-Dame burning is overwhelmingly sad.     Will Notre-Dame Cathedral rise from the ashes like the Pheonix bird from Greek mythology?   I sincerely hope so.    My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Paris, France, and the World who love Notre-Dame.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....