Hazy sky with east wind ....


23rd April 2019 (Tuesday) ....  “Happy St George’s Day”  to all my pals
Elie -  this evening.
south of the border... enjoy your especial day.

08.00    We have a hazy start to the day at the Centre of the Universe.... with a brisk easterly wind, but it isn’t a biting cold easterly ;  having said that, it isn’t warm either.    I biked up to the Chapel Green, just to get some fresh air;  and I certainly got plenty of that.   It’s a nice enough morning, and the sun should burn the haze off, but the east wind will be with us all day .... in fact for the next few days.... so it will be cool;  but a great drying day.    I need to eat something.

21.30     When I was ‘eating something’ this morning (I’ve eaten a lot of something’s since then) I remembered that I had new specs to pick up in Leven, so .... that’s what I did:  went to Leven.      I decided to make a morning of it.... do a shopping, visit Jim, and pick up the specs.    As is happened the specs weren’t in, probably due to the Easter holiday weekend, so that is a mission for later in the week.     I did some shopping in Lidl’s.... then went to Leven Beach Care Home.    Jim was in the process of deciding what to wear so I left him to it and went to sit in the lounge.   When I went back in five minutes Jim was organised;  and Kirstie appeared.    Kirstie was visiting her Dad (Iain).   As Iain had still to be ‘sorted’ the three of us, Kirstie, Jim and me, went to the lounge, where we and had coffee and chatted.    Kirstie went off to be with her Dad, leaving Jim and I to discuss the merits of being ‘me’    There aren’t any!    As I was leaving,) I met Myra and Christine coming in:   it seemed a fair swap .... me for
.... and I thought it was cold.
two young ladies!     Jim seemed happy with that!

Sainsbury’s was reasonably quiet at that time of the day .... it would be about 11.00 .... so I had a slow .... oh and pleasurable  as it turned out.... bumble round the aisles.    It was pleasurable because, while I was contemplating which bread to buy I met Joyce.   Of course, as most of you know, I am by nature a shy boy but Joyce and I ended up chatting.   Joyce ‘lost’ her husband a month after I ‘lost’ Maggie so we both understood bereavement.   This lady has led a really interesting life, and would you believe it;  her bridesmaid was Sheena Howie who lived in Valleyfield .... two up from Ivy in Ferry Road.    It’s a sma’ world right enough.   Talking to Joyce brightened up my shopping experience no end;  she is a lovely lady, and a real tonic!   To celebrate I went and
Heavy evening sky.
bought a tub of ice cream!    Oh .... I bought a seeded loaf. 

Our weather is not going to be bad tomorrow;  mostly cloudy with a brisk easterly wind so it will be cold on the beach.   I have no ‘plan’ for tomorrow... it all depends on how windy and cold it is!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....