Cold morning .... feeling 'sluggish'


9th April 2019 (Tuesday) ....  08.30    It’s a nice morning but there’s a
The lovely 'Sarah'.
noticeable drop in the temperature;   it’s a morning for being wrapped up when out.    I don’t have a ‘plan’ for this morning, though I have no doubt I’ll go out at some point;   I fancy a walk up Balcarres Den actually ....  sheltered from the cold wind..... but I’ll see how the mood takes me after I devour something.   Orf to have food!


17.00     It’s a gorgeous afternoon so I jumped in the car and went to Leven to visit Jim.    He was talkative (the visitor has to lead the conversation), and we ended up talking about Dysart Harbour .... one of Jim’s favourite places (he was born in Dysart), and one that I haven’t visited since I came home (from Sussex).... so...  I have to go to Dysart sometime soon, because Dysart is also one of my favourite harbours.   Being in Leven I went to Sainsbury’s to buy fruit etc..... the shop was busy.....  after visiting Jim.

1
The Deil's Lodge.
9.30    In the morning I went up to Balcarres, and walked down from the Deil’s Lodge.   I tangled up with a ‘new’ road that the forester’s have made in the North Lodge (Deil’s Lodge) woods to extract the trees they have been cutting down.     The ‘new’ road is quite exciting because it gives me some different viewpoints.... looking down onto the Den Road being one of them.    The buds are beginning to break open so Balcarres should begin to look it’s best in a few weeks.    I drove home by way of the Lathallan Mill road to have a look at ‘Sarah’.    (Sarah van Veen the Magnolia tree).     She is looking superb just now....  doing what ‘Sarah’ does best;   adding a bit of early colour to the Crag woodland walk;  unfortunately the flowers
The Balcarres den road.
don’t last very long.    I enjoyed my daunder on Balcarres:   it’s a relaxing place.



Tomorrow looks like being another bonnie day .... with a cool, but light easterly wind.    I’m beginning to feel in a ‘gardening’ mood;  but that could wear off by morning.... especially if it is a bonnie day.    I will do a washing;   then get ‘ripped intae’ the gardening.   Mmmmmm .... yes that’s a plan.    My ‘plans’, like Sarah’s flowers.... don’t last long.




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....