Bright and breezy .... me, not the weather


24th April 2019 (Wednesday) .... 08.30     We have a different ‘sky’ this
The sunrise sky this morning.   (Dust from the Sahara)
morning (well ... the sky is the same it’s the clouds therein that are different) .... there’s a pre  thundery shower look to it;   showers more likely to happen on the south side of the Firth than here.... I hope.    The very first thing I noticed when I went out, was an acrid smell in the air... and the need to have a couple of puffs of the ‘bloo’ inhaler.   On checking, I found that the pollution level for our area is ‘medium’.... which explains  the need for the inhaler.    We do have an interesting sky, a brisk, cool, ESE wind.... and, with a bit of luck, we might get the odd short sunny spell now and again.    
Slight ‘flap on’ now;   I see that ‘someone’ has left a bonnie set of sandy footprints all over the carpet.    Need to ‘oover!


Add caption
20.30     The acrid smell I noticed first thing this morning was dust  from the Sahara Desert....according to the weather forecaster at lunch time.  The  airstream from the Sahara has moved off to the East, taking with it the dust.... and leaving us with a bitterly cold afternoon.   The dust also explains the colour of the sky at sunrise.
My day turned out to busier than I thought it was going to be this morning.   For a start I had to get rid of the sand prints.   I’d just finished doing that when the ‘Specs’ shop phoned to say that my specs had arrived at the shop.   I decided that I’d pick them up in the afternoon;  after the Colinsburgh Lunch.   My day was filling up.... I was beginning to feel stressed:  so I louped into the car and went for the papers and morning coffee.    No ... that’s not true .... oh I went for the paper, and the morning coffee right enough;  but I didn’t loup into the car.   I don’t do ‘louping’ now.    I move sedately.    Slow would be another way to put it.    Over Laura’s excellent morning coffee, George asked if he could come to Leven with me;  he had to go to B n Q’s.    I also had to go to B n Q’s, so it was arranged, that I’d take George up to the Colinsburgh Lunch and we’d go to Leven after that.    This we did;  after another excellent ‘Colinsburgh Lite Lunch’ (bowl of soup and a sweet, followed by tea coffee and biccies.

Tomorrow is going to be cold and damp, with the chance of light rain;  so not a day for
'Aychouk' taking Mark for his morning walk.
bumbling about on the bike.    That reminds me I’d better put the bike in the shed!

After another satisfying day I’m looking forward to me bed.... and the book I’m reading.   Tomorrow I have Harbour House and ‘Paper Shop’ in the morning, and the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon.... with, probably, sand footprints to ‘oover up before breakfast.    Yes .... I look forward to tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....