Feeling productive .....


17th April 2019 (Wednesday) ......  09.00   There’s me, with my shorts
Elie kirk.
dangling at the end of the bed, looking for a sunny spell and a touch of warm Saharan air:   instead of that we have ‘overcast sky’ with a cold, ‘from somewhere that isn’t near the Sahara’ wind.     Hmmmm .... I’ll leave off painting until after lunch!    The shorts?     They go back into the drawer to be forgotten about!  
Hey .... the sun is breaking through;   there’s painting to be done .... after breakfast (I’d better have food) and morning coffee in Harbour House.  
  
   20.30    We’ve had a bonnie day,..... but it would have been warmer without the wind.     I’ve been a busy boy, with an even mix of work and play:  in fact most of the work was computer stuff which is also ‘play’.

‘Morning time’ was over ‘in a flash.   I went to Elie for the papers .... and coffee .... after I’d had a walk round Elie cemetery, taking photographs of the kirk from different
Elie High Street.
angles.    While browsing the gravestones I found out that one of Maggie’s school pals, Ann Martin had died;   many years ago.   Long before Maggie in fact.    I wasn’t in the graveyard because I was feeling doleful or anything;   I was in Elie well before Harbour House was ‘open’.   Silly boy.

Geoff brought some photographs he wants me to sort out on the computer.   The photographs in question are now in the computer ready for me to ‘work’ on.   That’s the kind of work I enjoy doing.
George came along on his bike in the afternoon:  we sat, in The Hutte, with a cuppa
Myra studying one of Geoff's photographs -  with Laura making the coffee!
and talked about.... old times mostly.    After George left I painted the ’collie’ basket hanger, then went up to Robin Gray’s for a walk up the den.    Now that the bridge has been repaired I’ll spend a lot more time in the Robin Gray’s Cottage part of the den:  I have been using the North Lodge end of the den.

The Saharan wind I’m looking forward too didn’t get as far as us today.... but it should reach us tomorrow.    Having said that, with us being on the East Coast we might be a few degrees less than .... Edinburgh for instance.    The forecast is good the only fly in the ointment being the East wind.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....