Easter Service at the harbour .....


21st April 2019 (Sunday)   ....  07.30    We have yet another nice morning;
Around 60 people turned up for the Easter service at Elie Harbour.
   it is overcast just now, but warm/hot sunny spells are forecast.      There is a light breeze from the SW so it isn’t cold,....   the garden thermometer is already at 9.5c.    It feels like the afternoon could be another hot one.


I’m going down to the harbour for the Easter Service.... after a quick cuppa.

14.30    Oh my word.... it is cosy out there.   I’ve had to come inside, it’s just too hot to work.... or even sit in the Hutte.    The temperature is 22.5 just now.... and it won’t be much cooler down on the beach.    Most of the morning... in fact all of it was spent either Easter services or eating.     The service at the harbour was really good.... and the air was warm, unlike last year when it was freezin’.    It was well attended;   the singing was excellent.   The service lasted about 20 minutes.    The sermon was about early morning time.... (something that I could relate to)..... and the happenings on Easter Sunday morning.   Being an ‘early morning person’ I enjoyed the harbour service.    From there we
08.30 this morning.... and it was already warm.
bumbled up to the Kirk Hall for breakfast served by Patricia and Geoff, aided and abetted by multiple backroom assistants.   Breakfast being a roll with scrambled egg and bacon.... tea/ coffee..... and loads of friendly chat.    From there I biked back to Ivy to change into a light weight jersey, have another cuppa then biked back to the service in Elie Kirk.   


 There was an excellent congregation at the kirk service (loads of visitors) and the singing was once again good on the lugs.    I didn’t contribute any decibels .... I am a good mimic.... and can flap my lips in time to any tune.    But my o’ my why did Easter have to happen over a long weekend?    The Minister was a good speaker, and an also singer, but she gave us the Easter story, as it happened on each day.... Friday, Saturday, (that was a long day) and Sunday.    We, the congregation were all a bit restive, by the end of the 33 minutes long sermon;  and there was the collection and another hymn after that:  the total length of the service being just over an hour and a quarter.    Monday must have been added on to give the punters a rest day!    Apart from the length of the Easter Story sermon, the itself service was good.     The Easter Story was well done right enough, but too detailed (and therefore long) for a kirk service  .... at least that
VW Mk1
was what I left the kirk thinking.     I didn’t bother with the lunch as I wanted to get back home and enjoy the sunshine.    The only thing being that right now I am inside Ivy Cottage;  so I am not ‘enjoying’ the sunshine.... but I was  until it became too hot out in the garden.



21.30    Wellll it has been one cracker of a day;  the thermometer reached 23c in the middle of the afternoon:   a perfect day for me resting, in the Hutte and drinking numerous mugs o’ tea..... it was too hot to do very much else.
Monday is forecast to be another warm/hot day, but the wind, though light, is going to be from the SSE backing SE so it will feel cooler on the beach.    That said..... it will still be a bonnie day.    I’m going out early, then spend the remainder of my ‘day’ working around Ivy.




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....