Dry but overcast ... and cold


8th April 2019 (Monday) .... 07.30    Once again we have low cloud coming
Fife Council 'Royal Pothole Busters'.

in from the North Sea on a north easterly wind.... a grey, and cold, start to the day.    The cloud should begin to break up soon, leaving us with sunny spells, but it will always feel cold in the brisk wind.    Not a morning for this boy going to the beach.   It could be a nice day for working in Ivy garden .... it's sheltered from the East winds.

10.30    The ‘Pothole Busters’ are active in the Royal Burgh.... and .... the wind isn’t as cold as I thought it might be:  also .... a few ‘bloo’ patches have broken through the clouds so we can look forward to a sunny afternoon.   It’s all ‘go’ in ‘The Ferry’ today.


The Ferry Beach this morning.
12.00   The beach is busy again this morning;  I met Lesley (Robertson....Pat’s daughter).    Pat died about the same time as Maggie.   As is the norm with beaches, the kids (and dogs) want to ‘go down to the beach’ regardless of the wind and temperature.     That said.... the wind, though not ‘iggzactly’ warm, is definitely not as cold as it has been.     Anyway everyone was enjoying the beach .... especially the dog!    ( I ought to have asked Lesley the dog’s name).    The sky id brightening up a bit more so I might get out again in the afternoon.
The ‘Pothole Busters’ are having some difficulty with parked cars:  a couple of weeks ago they’d have had a nigh on naked Ferry High Street.

14.30     This is hard to believe but it happens more or less every day .... sometimes twice a day .... aye, even three times a day:   some ‘innocent waif’ goes down to the beach, takes a few photographs, then wanders into Ivy Cottage leaving a trail of sandy footprints all the way to ‘my’ chair!    I have to ‘oover up after ‘him’ every day!    It
Ferry Road.
would make life easier if ‘I’ remembered to brush the sand off my shoes at the door;  or even take my shoes orf.   But I’m too excited to bother doing that;   I want to see the photographs I’ve taken.    Oh wellll .... ‘ooverin’ is exercise!    Oh .... we have sunny, and I’d like to say warm day, ... but it’s only ‘not as cold’.... actually  it’s a  bonnie afternoon, but you have to wrap up.


19.30     I’ve enjoyed today .... probably because I have been able to go out for a couple of short walks:  what a difference a spell of sunshine makes.    Although it has clouded over now, tomorrow is predicted to be much the same as today.... in fact sunnier;  unless the East wind spoils it.    I have ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow .... apart from bumbling down to the beach.    And... most likely leaving a trail of sand in Ivy Cottage.







Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....