Feeling active ....


28th April 2019 (Sunday) .... 07.30   This is a quick update before I go out
Chapel Green, Earlsferry - from The Terrace, Elie.
on the bike.    It’s a perfect morning for being out, and I fancy biking through the fresh greens of Elie Estate.
 I haven’t forgotten the kitchen windows.... they’ll be fitted into the ‘plan’ after I get back.  We have a lovely start to the day;  long  sunny spells with only a smirr of a breeze from the east.



21.00    My word .... we’ve had a glorious ‘sunny and warm’ day at the Centre of the Universe .... and I have enjoyed it.    I did bike through the estate and was rewarded for the effort by getting some of the best photos of the loch that I’ve ever taken.   On the way home I stopped at The Terrace, plonked my butt on a seat, (after I’d dried it off) (not my butt ... the seat) and watched the tide coming in for 20 minutes:  I am an expert in the art of ‘tide watching’.    Deidre, who was being taken for a walk by her dog, stopped for a chat, and a short spell of ‘tide watching’....but, it’s a well known fact that dogs are not great tide watching animals;  so Deidre had to continue with the dog walking.   I sat for another 10 minutes, then thought “hey ... I’m hungry!” .... and remembered that I had yet to have breakfast, and sped back to Ivy and ate.

East end of Kinneuchar.
The remainder of the day I spent in the garden .... working most of the time.    The first, and biggest job, was removing a small nettle bed.   It was supposed to be food for Tortoiseshell butterfly caterpillars, though I never ever saw a caterpillar, of any kind, on the nettles.   They, the nettles, have been detached from the planet, and are now in the ‘broon bucket’.

Having had a busy day I am feeling content, but my knee is not.    Content i.e.   I’m slowly beginning to ‘work’ slowly.   For instance cleaning the windows, inside and out, would have taken a couple of hours two years ago;  now it takes two days.    Well three actually;  I forgot about
Kinneuchar loch ... and kirk.  
windows when I started on the nettles.     I will finish them tomorrow;  in fact the windows’ will be my first job.

We are forecast to have another bonnie day, though it may be cloudier for longer in the morning.    It ought to be sunny and warm (sheltered from the onshore breeze) by midday.   I’m beginning to feel an increase in my frisky rating;  which explains the urge to work.    It will have been brought on by the excellent weather.   




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....