Hmmmm ....overcast and cool ....


12th April 2019 (Friday) .....  08.00    At the moment our sky is overcast,
The 'paper shop'.
but it’s forecast to brighten up later in the afternoon;  to give us a bonnie evening.    There is a, cool, light breeze, from the west just now, backing to the east by midday.... so the temperature will always be on the ‘cold side of cool’. ... but dry.   I’m hoping to start painting the outside of the Hutte this afternoon.   So far I haven’t been further than the pavement.


14.00     I’ve donned my ‘working togs’ .... but oh my word:  with the wind backing to the easterly, and freshening, the air feels ‘raw cauld’.    I don’t think I’ll be doing much painting today. 
 I was busy enough in the morning;   I went to the surgery (got drops and cream for my eyes), then went to the harbour for a daunder around.   At that time there was only a light breeze from the west and not that cold.   Cool but not cold.    From there I went up to the shop for the paper,.... and one for Jim.    I met George who was busy and didn’t
Elie harbour .... before the wind freshened.
have time for morning coffee, so I decided to go to Leven and have coffee with Jim at ‘Leven Beach’.    Jim was looking smart this morning.... but was not overly happy.   He wandered off to the nurses office but it was empty;  he met a Doctor and the doctor took him along to talk to ‘Kirsty’ .... a ‘Charge Nurse’.   I decided to bumble out at that point (I'd been visiting for nigh on an hour), leaving Jim with the Doctor and a Nurse... presumably Kirsty.    My plan was to come home (which I did) have a cuppa (also did) then do some work (didn’t).    Since then I’ve had another two cuppas, and a sandwich .... and have abandoned the ‘work’ plan.   I’m a bundle o’ action today!    I fancy having a practice go at putting the drops into my eye!    Yes I’ll do that .... then have another cuppa!


19.30     The evening has turned out to be the best bit of the day, ..... but the bitterly
Elie kirk.
cold East wind is ruining it.    There’s not much that will stop me from going to the beach.... but that wind did.    It was 10c in Ivy garden, .... but felt more like 5 or 6c in the wind.    Tomorrow is going to be sunnier, but with the same, frisky, east wind;  so .... not warm.    Whether I manage to get some painting done depends on the temperature. ... and painting isn’t the warmest of jobs.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....