Mmmmm ... feeling 'bold and adventurous' ....


2nd April 2019 (Tuesday)  ....  07.30   the dreich weather lasted all night,
Lovely morning .... with interesting clouds.
and  it is still grey and wet.... but...the sky is beginning to break up from the West and we should have sunny spells by mid morning.    I haven’t been out beyond the gate:    I’ll go out for some exercise once the sun breaks through.    The ‘plan’ is to go to Leven, do some shopping, get a haircut, and visit Jim. 

 

20.00    I went to Leven as planned, but didn’t get a haircut;  me having forgotten that Kirstie, the lassie that cuts my hair, doesn’t work on Tuesdays.   That meant I had the shopping and everything done by 09.15.... which was too early to visit Jim.    I’ll visit Jim when I do eventually get a haircut;  probably tomorrow.    Being back in Ivy before 10.00 I went along to the ‘Pav’ to have coffee with Myra and Geoff.... followed by a quick trip to the beach before lunch, because, when we were leaving the Pavilion bonnie (and big) clouds were beginning to make an appearance, and I like clouds and
Kinneuchar Kirk.
wanted a few pictures.   It was quite pleasant on the beach... but I was well wrapped up:   as was everyone else.

By mid afternoon the ‘bonnie clouds’ had developed into ‘bigger bonnie heavy shower’ clouds:  with us catching the edge of a couple of those.    I went up to Kinneuchar and had a walk round a field and managed to get  back to the car before one of the showers came over.    I drove from Kinneuchar to Woodhaven Bay intending to do the Lady’s Tower/Elie Lighthouse walk, but cut that short when a second shower rattled over.... it had sleet in it.   Once again I managed to get back to the car before the heaviest of the
Looking west from the East Links.
rain/sleet.    I went back to Ivy and had a cup of coffee, and browsed today’s batch of photographs.   I’m a contented .... and happy bunny.

The weather forecast for tomorrow didn’t look awfie bonnie when I saw it a few minutes ago;  we are going to have some rain showers/spells.    And it’s going to be windy, and therefore cold.    I’ll probably go for a haircut, and to visit Jim, tomorrow morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....