Bonnie but cold ......


13th April 2019 (Saturday) .... 08.00    Hmmmmm .. it’s a “sunny with a
Earlsferry at late evening time.
brisk easterly breeze” morning, but ... though bonnie ....it’s not very warm.
 There’s a few, early  morning clouds, but a nigh on cloudless sky is forecast... with a freshening wind taking a few degrees off the temperature.   I’m hoping to get some of the Hutte painted today.... it’s perfect outdoor painting weather:  but, even in Ivy garden, I’ll have to be well wrapped up.

21.30     I haven’t done much ‘playing’ at all today:  I picked up the paper at 09.00, came home by Balbuthie Loan, moored the car up then ‘worked’ .... getting  the outside of ‘The Hutte’ ready for painting.    Preparation is the most important part of the job.    The only painting I did do was an ornamental flower basket bracket, in the shape of a collie dog.   That did take a while to make ready for painting.... in fact most of the afternoon was spent working on it.    I’ll take a photo once the Hutte is finished.   Photos?     So far I haven’t taken any photographs today.... and I haven’t been to the
Elie Bay.
beach.    Having said that there has been a F5-6 SSE blowing all day.... it would be cold.    It’s a funny thing .... but at the Easter holiday I subconsciously feel that I am the ‘stranger’ in the village;  I don’t know why I feel like that because I like meeting, and speaking, to people.   I suspect it’s because the Easter break is the first big holiday influx of the year.    Also, when you think of it, as happens in most of the popular UK seaside villages, the ‘locals’ do get ‘overwhelmed’ at holiday times.    I know that when Myra, Jim and I were in Cornwall last year native Cornish people were hard to find.... though I did manage to find a couple of ‘native’ fishermen at Polperro harbour.  It’s nothing that I ‘worry’ about, because I like to see our wee villages come alive... and it’s the only time of year I feel like this.


‘The Masters’ golf is on BBC 2, .... so I’d best take a walk down to the beach before I
Late evening time.
settle down for the evening.

I went to the beach for a walk.... the wind has moderated a wee but not by much;   going to the beach wasn’t the best idea I’ve had today..... but there was a braw late evening light about and I enjoyed it.
It’s supposed to be cloudier tomorrow .... and windy again... from the east;  so it will be cold.   But dry!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....