Cold southeasterly wind ....


14th April 2019 (Sunday) .... 07.30    There’s a fresh south-easterly wind ...
Elie sunrise.
 so not warm on the beach.   I went down to catch the sunrise (06.13). which wasn’t spectacular .... but the wind certainly blew the cobwebs away.   It should be warmer in the sun, and out of the wind, once the sun does get going.   That said, there is a fair amount of clouds about, and the forecast is for it to be cloudier today.   My ‘plan’ is to work on the Hutte.   Right now I’m well ready for my breakfast.


10.00     Hmmmmm .... it’s cloudier than I thought it would be and this is hampering my working ‘plan’:  The Master’s golf is ‘on’ BBC 2 at 14.00 so I do have a few hours that I could devote to work before then.    I’ll have a coffee to pass the time till the sun breaks through.



1
Earlsferry at sunrise time..
5.00    The sun has come out to play, and we have a bonnie afternoon... albeit cold when exposed to the east wind.   I have been working but I am now ensconced in front of the tele watching the golf.   This is when Maggie would make a mug of coffee! .... and we’d have coffee and cake.     Well there’s nae Maggie to make the coffee.... and nae cake..... so  I will have make of my own ‘Finest’ , and, have with it, a chocolate biscuit!   The chocolate biscuit veils the foulness of the coffee.  

  

20.30     Wellll .... I didn’t get much work done but I sure enjoyed the golf!   The fact that Tiger could get back to the top level of golf again, after all that he has been through in the past 10 years or so, was at the back of most people’s minds.     Could he do it?    He too must have had doubts, but on the last nine holes you saw the old Tiger .... out to get a job done.    It was sad to see Molinari drop shots and lose the lead after
A happy 'Tiger'.    (Photo courtesy BBC2)
being there for so long;  but, somehow it all seemed ‘as it should be’ when Tiger holed that last putt, to win the ‘2019 Master’, and his fifth green jacket.... having won the Masters four times prior to his knee and back problems.   I did do some work today;   I painted the ‘collie hanging basket bracket’ twice.... and did some wire brushing.

It is going to be brighter tomorrow but still cold with that east wind;  however I will start painting the Hutte (outside) tomorrow, .... assuming it isn’t too windy ..... and therefore cold.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....