Whispering kind of morning .....


23rd July 2018 (Monday) .....     08.30    The village was quiet when I went
Tranquil morning.
to the harbour this morning;  even the birds seemed to be whispering.     It is a bonnie morning .... and it is peaceful.    There is a light westerly breeze, and a few clouds here are there, but the sun will soon sort the clouds out, and ... it will be too warm in ‘nae time’.    There could be some lovely cooling rain later in the evening!
I’ll make the most of the ‘rest day’ (Tour de France), by pottering about in the garden.    There’s much pottering to do, and when it gets too hot, I’ll have a cuppa in the Hutte.  ‘We’ have a heavy day in the Pyrenees tomorrow!


19.30    Oh my word it’s warm tonight;   and I’m tired after doing much work this afternoon.    I decided to paint the outside of computer room window, and that involved a lot of preparation.        At least the window is now clean, inside and out, the net curtain washed, and the outside (of the window) ready for its first coat of primer/undercoat;   that will be tomorrow morning.    There’s gooseberry bush is next
Elie.
to the window,.... the berries are delicious.

I biked up to Elie twice this morning;  the first time for a pre breakfast run to the harbour, then, later in the morning, for the paper, and a coffee.    I didn’t have the coffee as the shop full of customers.... but did go to the bakers for a couple of scones, to have with a coffee when I got back to Ivy.  

Golf always comes across as being one of the least dangerous of sports.    Being hit by a stray ball would be one of the worst things that could befall a golfer.    Not so.    Moira phoned to tell me that Brian (my brother) had tripped on a tree stump, when helping to look for a ball in the rough, on Crail, and broke one of his ribs when he fell.    My son Michael, playing a course in Devon, slipped on a sleeping policeman
Evening time.
when going to look for a ball, and broke his pelvis.   Neither of them has been hit by a golf ball.    Golf is not the benign game that it appears to be!

We’ve had a nice evening, though at times it looked like we might catch the edge of a shower.    Tomorrow’s weather looks like being a rerun of today’s, but perhaps not as warm.     If it’s warm when the ‘Tour’ is rattling up and down the Pyrenees, this boy is going to be awfie tired tomorrow night... and especially so if I work on the window!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....