Busy boy ....


14th July 2018 (Saturday).....  13.30    It has been a cracker o’ a morning....
Elie Harbour this morning.

more or less the same weather as we had in Cornwall, but thankfully, not as hot.
After all the travelling yesterday I had an excellent night’s sleep, and got out of bed early feeling, highly energetic.    I had most of the holiday washing on the line by 06.15.    The second, and last batch I hung out 20 minutes ago.    In between the two ‘washings’, Moira took me up to Arncroach to pick up my car (where it had been on holiday), from where I went straight to Sainsbury’s, Leven to buy some vital necessities..... food.   I was able to get the car moored up, fairly easily, on Links Road:  the ‘Royal Burgh’ will most likely be ‘Full’ by this evening.   This is the start of the busy holiday season.

The "Paper Shop" - Elie.
I then got the bike out and had ‘morning coffee’ in Harbour House with ‘the Troops’.... catching up with the local news.    There isn’t any:  local news i.e.
I meant to by one of those wrinkly expanding hoses when I was in Leven, but completely forgot.    It’s not vital but would be easier to manage than the ‘thing’ I’ve got just now:  which acts like a skinny, extremely hungry, boa- constrictor.


21.30     The villages are ‘alive’ again.... with loads of people enjoying the summer weather.    It was 25c in Ivy garden this afternoon;  I was uprooting weeds in that heat.    This is perfect weeding weather and the ‘broon’ bucket is nearly full.... and it doesn’t go out for a couple of weeks.

All the time I was off on holiday I didn’t have a single migraine:   since I got back
The Cornish flag.
home I’ve had two.     I’m thinking they (the migraines) could be stress related;   worrying about where the car is going to be parked etc.    I suppose I could knock the wall down and have off street parking, but the last time Maggie and I tried for that we were told we couldn’t destroy the last piece of original wall on the street as Ivy is a listed building).    To be honest ....  I really like the privacy that the wall gives.... and I love my roses. 
 
The weather is to be cloudier but warm tomorrow;  in fact it is to be warm overnight.    I’ve nae plan for tomorrow:   I might go through Elie estate, on the bike, after I go for the paper.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....