Out early ....


25th July 2018 (Wednesday) .... 08.30    It was chilly when I left Ivy this
The old drinking fountain - Elie.
morning;  that was at 05.40 right enough, and the sun was behind some light cloud.    Since then the sun has risen above, and burnt back the clouds, and it is now comfortably warm.    It will be hot later.
I went to the harbour, and photographed my way home from there.   The villages look ‘different’ in, romantic(?), early morning light.    I got the papers on the way home.... and went back to Elie for ‘morning coffee’  (Harbour House)later.    Geoff and I were the only ‘Troops’ today;  we had two cups of coffee, and a long chat with Abby, who was working, and Alan, who joined us after taking his dogs to Dawn’s for clipping.   This reminded me that I am due for a haircut;  probably next week.


21.30     Stage 17 of the ‘Tour’, though the shortest at 65 kilometers, has been the stiffest.    It consisted of three climbs with two descents.    The start was unusual, being the same as a Formula One motor racing grid:   I prefer the normal, ‘roll out’.     The first climb began immediately, and from there on it was climb, descent, climb, descent then a final climb to the finish.     Stage 18 (tomorrow), though longer at 171 kilometers is easier.

Elie High Street.
It has been a nice day ... and warm:  it was 24c in Ivy garden .... but that was out of the wind.    Lucky for us we had that cooling wind.    Tomorrow is going to be warmer;  we’re going to get the edge of the heat wave that’s coming up from Africa;  and burning up the south east of England.    It could reach 25c in Ivy garden....  and that would be too hot for me.

Having been watching ‘le Tour’ I have occasionally been caught by the ‘adverts’:   and they are pitiable.  For instance take the ‘Money Lender’ company’s (i.e. the rich getting richer at unfortunate people’s expense):  the most important bit is the very small writing at the bottom of the advert.    And it should state how much you will pay back in actually money, not some
'The Terrace' - Elie.
mystical  (astronomical) percentage.... and therefore astronomical amount of money.    Moan over .... feel happier!    The 'Tour' ends in Paris on Sunday so I won't be bothered by adverts until next year.   

I’m going to Glenrothes tomorrow afternoon;   I’ll do a shopping on the way home.   It’s a long time since I’ve been in Glenrothes .... I don’t suppose it’s changed that much.     That said the trees, planted on the building sites 50 years ago, will be mature trees now.... and Glenrothes will be greener.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....